A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 42 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

I struck out at having the dealer update my Sync2 system to v3.10.
It shows as available in PTS but would not allow him to apply the update. Not sure why.

-jw
Bummer. I hope we all find out soon what the scoop is on this update! Since Ford has moved to Sync3, I can't help but feel ANY Sync2 update is like a "special surprise" that will all end soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

COPY/PASTED DETAILS FOR v3.10...

EA5T-14D544-BA
ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional changes to accommodate new and updated customer devices, such such as:

• Hazard switch illuminates on Focus / Escape with ignition off and park lamps on
  • Next Track / Previous Track controls from SYNC touchscreen
  • SYNC Maintaining Repeat / Shuffle settings that were set on the device side
  • Compatibility updates for the latest phone and media devices
The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete.

Be sure to keep your engine running (not in accessory mode) throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC® system.

If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.)

Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid shutting off the engine. The next time you start your vehicle, the AEIS will automatically reset to "On."

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC® will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal. Once your system has been successfully updated, SYNC® will display a notification stating "Installation compl

Im always amazed that even with having IVT reps on this forum they are usually the last to communicate new updates to the Explorer owners here.

There has to be more then "Please take your vehicle to your dealership for assistance"

Im always amazed that even with having IVT reps on this forum they are usually the last to communicate new updates to the Explorer owners here.

There has to be more then "Please take your vehicle to your dealership for assistance"
That's what this Forum is for.:D The only way I've ever found out about an update was by reading about it here. At least that should no longer be an issue with the 2016/17 models with auto updates.

Peter

I just checked online and the new update is not available. Is this still dealer only?

That's what this Forum is for.:D The only way I've ever found out about an update was by reading about it here. At least that should no longer be an issue with the 2016/17 models with auto updates.

Peter

But even SYNC3 has v2.2 out now and we get nothing from IVT.

Owners of 2016 models with SYNC3 v1.0 are supposed to be getting A/Auto and A/CarPlay end of calendar 2016.

Neither auto downloaded in my two Ford vehicles with SYNC3

But even SYNC3 has v2.2 out now and we get nothing from IVT.

Owners of 2016 models with SYNC3 v1.0 are supposed to be getting A/Auto and A/CarPlay end of calendar 2016.

Neither auto downloaded in my two Ford vehicles with SYNC3

I doubt auto downloads are going to happen anytime soon. v2.2 can be downloaded now, though not through Ford, but from Ford. I'm not sure if dealers are doing the install yet on vehicles that need the upgraded USB. I installed v2.2 in my Focus last week.

I doubt auto downloads are going to happen anytime soon. v2.2 can be downloaded now, though not through Ford, but from Ford. I'm not sure if dealers are doing the install yet on vehicles that need the upgraded USB. I installed v2.2 in my Focus last week.

How did you get v2.2 for your Focus, I have 16 Focus SEL with SYNC3 that needs v2.2 plus new USB.

Did you do the USB or Ford?

What is new one just a USB 3 instead of USB 2?

How did you get v2.2 for your Focus, I have 16 Focus SEL with SYNC3 that needs v2.2 plus new USB.

Did you do the USB or Ford?

What is new one just a USB 3 instead of USB 2?

Here's the link to the discussion start around post 294ish. It's 50 pages since then. Basically a guy has the official Ford v2.2. There is one if you have Nav and one if you have non-Nav. You can download from hosted sites. I loaded the non-Nav version in my Focus. I don't have the new USB hub, but I can get the part number I was told would work if you want it. I was waiting for someone else to try it in a Focus first. The F-150 guys have been replacing their hub(different part number) for a couple of weeks now and have CarPlay working with v2.0 and v2.2.

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/current-sync-3-carplay-android-auto-information-360660/index30/

I just checked online and the new update is not available. Is this still dealer only?
It wouldn't be the first update that was dealer install only if that is the case. One of the very early updates was dealer only and it also included an updated SD Card for nav.

Peter

Dropped my truck at the dealer today and was told they would check and see if an update was available for my 2016 explorer. Got a call back that I was up to date with 3.08. When I let the service rep know that I read about 3.10 on the forums I was told they would look into it. They called me back and informed me that an update actually is available. Got the update and so far so good.

Dropped my truck at the dealer today and was told they would check and see if an update was available for my 2016 explorer. Got a call back that I was up to date with 3.08. When I let the service rep know that I read about 3.10 on the forums I was told they would look into it. They called me back and informed me that an update actually is available. Got the update and so far so good.

Isn't it nice when the customer has to educate the dealership that you rely on for having the most knowledge about their product?

That happened almost every time I took my 2014 Sport with MFT into the dealership.

Isn't it nice when the customer has to educate the dealership that you rely on for having the most knowledge about their product?

That happened almost every time I took my 2014 Sport with MFT into the dealership.

I agree, I just had to educate my salesman on a couple things and then a service advisor.......I thought they get paid to know this stuff? My dealership experience was good, dont get me wrong, but I shouldnt have more knowledge than them. Or should I?

I agree, I just had to educate my salesman on a couple things and then a service advisor.......I thought they get paid to know this stuff? My dealership experience was good, dont get me wrong, but I shouldnt have more knowledge than them. Or should I?
Keep in mind that you are solely focused on just your Explorer while the sales people and service advisors deal with many different vehicles that have changes made yearly.

Peter

Keep in mind that you are solely focused on just your Explorer while the sales people and service advisors deal with many different vehicles that have changes made yearly.

Peter

Of course. Keep in mind my salesman sold 2016's for over a year before I bought mine used.

Of course. Keep in mind my salesman sold 2016's for over a year before I bought mine used.
And likely many other Ford vehicles all with different options and features. It isn't unusual at all for someone who has done their homework on the vehicle of choice to know more that the salesman. My own salesman even admitted that.

So we are in agreement that salesman generally know less than "educated" buyers.

Good to hear. I'm going to try to get the 3.10 update this week. How long did it take to do the update at your dealership?

Good to hear. I'm going to try to get the 3.10 update this week. How long did it take to do the update at your dealership?

My car was dropped off for something else and I was not there waiting so I can't tell you exactly how long. The rep did say it took a long time though.

The touch screen seems a bit more responsive after the update. One odd thing is that bluetooth streams seem to sound better. My wife noticed it also. Maybe it is just the placebo effect but there are no problems so it can't hurt!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let us know how it goes. Curious to see if you notice a difference.

Back