• Register Today It's free!

A few cosmetic mods (2005)

DEEZ-67

Reaction score
City, State
Edmond, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
I pick this 05 up from a friend a few months ago. I'm going to be a dad this year and all my cars/trucks are all 2 doors so this is going to be my dadmobile. Anyways there is no reason I can't have a dad ride look as cool as all my others so here is what I've cleaned up so far.

First thing I did was clean up the front push bar and door badges.

How I got it.
IMG_2722_zpsr3iil7cz.jpg

Painted push bar
IMG_2740_zpstekle5lz.jpg

painted badges
IMG_2765_zps5hluktfz.jpg

Then I pulled those round LED lights and put in a better LED bar.
IMG_2928_zpsufuhwtkq.jpg

Now I'm trying my hand at vinyl wrapping. Trying to get rid of the wood inside.

stock
IMG_2727_zpsqpkx3cvc.jpg

After wrap
IMG_2933_zpsugng8jjf.jpg

IMG_2935_zpsicinnkbg.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin' Good! just out of curiosity, What is the button for in between the cup holders? I never seen that switch before. And whay size tires are those? Im thinking about switching to a bigger tire soon. I have 245 65 17 on mine rignt now but i would want a bigger and more aggressive tire.

Lookin' Good! just out of curiosity, What is the button for in between the cup holders? I never seen that switch before. And whay size tires are those? Im thinking about switching to a bigger tire soon. I have 245 65 17 on mine rignt now but i would want a bigger and more aggressive tire.

That's to turn off the advancetrac control. I'm not sure as what tires are on this I just got it but I don't think they are much bigger than what you have.

Looks great, huge improvement just ditching the chrome. (I personally hate chrome, except for wheels).

Glad you got a real LED bar too, probably puts out a hell of a lot more light over those little pods. Looks meaner too.

Almost twins...

Attachments

• EXX1.jpg
    EXX1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 319

ATTACH]
I say upgrade your turn signals to black like mine, also upgrade to projectors, next change out that long antenna to a new stubby short one! Gives the explorer a nice look! :D

Looks great guys!

Finished the black wrap on the doors last night.

IMG_2727_zpsqpkx3cvc.jpg

IMG_2959_zpsg9srby7w.jpg

IMG_2952_zpsnzdgkyvq.jpg

IMG_2953_zpswenxyiip.jpg

IMG_2954_zpsfqywuw6e.jpg

Lift and tires will be next.

IMG_2958_zps259wvbbh.jpg

Back