• Register Today It's free!

A few questions...

Concept156

Reaction score
City, State
Golden, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Limited
I am planning on lifting my '95 Limited using the 98-00 Trailmaster lift (with the necessary mods), but I have a couple of questions about related worries. First, I am going to stuff some 33's underneath my ride, so I am going to swap my gears out to 4.11's. But to know how much that is going to cost, I need to know what kind of axles I have... I think they are an IFS form of a Dana 35 in the front and a Ford 8.8" in the rear, how can I confirm this? Second, will I need to do any tailshaft corrections? And, I had another question, but I can't remember it right now, so hopefully I'll remember it if somebody replies to this...
Anyways, thanks for your time.

You are correct about having a Dana 35 IFS and a Ford 8.8 rear. They are the only thing available in the Explorer.

LOL, that would be cool to see a 1995 Limited Explorer Metallic green have a lift, I personally own a 95` Explorer Limited, love it, lowered it, just about 1-2 inch's though, can't really see my "baby" being lifted...

However I didn't say I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like, just be careful, we have air ride suspension, that could pose a problem when wanting to add after market shocks!

GOOD LUCK! :)

Regards,

ilikedellcomputers

Peter

That's it! I was wondering what the problems would be having that air ride suspension... Would I need to do any custom fabrication to make a normal RS9000 fit? And, metallic green, huh? I don't know... If I can get a little more money I know somebody who does custom Hot-Rod paint jobs, so I can get anything I want done :) Although, living out here in Colorado, during the winter it's like driving through a sandblaster everyday... so I may not have anything done to my paint.

Back