A great after comparason | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A great after comparason

Davo (Digger196) and I were taking pics today showing off his lift comparaing to my stock ride. So...enjoy!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Our friend Camron's Jeep Grand Cherokee

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Attacking the curbs!!!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Dog crap!!

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed
Back tire stuffed into the wheel well.

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics:D And sweet rides:D

DSC00553.jpg

In this pic it looks like the left side of your rear door has a 2 inch gap and the right side looks like you have a 1/2 inch gap between the bottom of the door and the bumper. Is that normal because of the angle your in?

88vert, thanks for the compliments. It was fun!

99explorer5.0, yeah, it is suppose to do that, that's called body flex. If you look at the pics above, it's at normal gap length.

I have put my truck on angles like that but i never actually got out and looked at it. Guess the next time i do that i will get out and see. :D Im not a hardcore off roader ... im more of a street person. I cant imagine bringing my truck that i paid $27,000 for bran new off road to break ****.

Nice! Does your roof rack make a lot of noise on the highway?

Originally posted by 99explorer5.0
I have put my truck on angles like that but i never actually got out and looked at it. Guess the next time i do that i will get out and see. :D Im not a hardcore off roader ... im more of a street person. I cant imagine bringing my truck that i paid $27,000 for bran new off road to break ****.

I've never had a major breakage and I've done everything my truck is capable of (and more). Not really hardcore compared to the big dawgs, but enough that most people :eek: when they see my pictures. I think my most serious breakage related to running gear has been a busted shock. I was still able to drive on it for 1500 miles before I replaced it. Otherwise, we're just talking wiring, scratches, etc.

I took it offroad one day and the next week the CV joints were replaced under warrenty thank god. Then i took it out not too long ago and my rear main seal needed to be replaced. Maybe it was just couincidence and i also had a ball joint replaced. I dont know if any of this crap was related but it just seemed that after my off road experience is when i noticed the problems.

Jeeze! You have pretty bad luck with yours. I guess your rig is telling ya something. ;) In all seriousness, there're chances that you'll break something but it's very slim if you're very careful. Scratches are almost a gaurantee. That's why I don't take mine offroad. It's too pretty to have scratches on my rig. :D You've probably seen pics in the detailing section of the board. I take very very good care of my paint.

Scrathes is another big thing. I paid alot of money and have a nice looking exploer. I cant see myself purposely going down a trail to get scratches. Accidents happen like runaway carrages in parking lots but to purposely scratch up paint. Not Cool in my book unless it is a spare vehicle and you bought it specifically for that purpose.

Originally posted by emon
Nice! Does your roof rack make a lot of noise on the highway?

The roof rack doesn't make that much noise as you would think. the dog crap on my tires was discusting! now it is all in my wheel well! NOT COOL!

LMAO...that's what you get when you drive on the grass!!! :p

My roof basket whistled and whooshed on the highway until I put the windscreen on. Now it just gets .5-1 mpg less :(

i think i'll put a wind screen on the back and get a www.explorerforum.com logo put on there to go all the way accross. what i get the wind screen. it is just some scrren of metal or something?

I made my own out of plastic with some saws and a heat gun:

Dead Link Removed

A screen on the front would do you more good in terms of wind noise. One in the rear might increase wind noise.

i got a tool box bolted to the back and it will be behind that so i don't think it'll do anything. we'll see.

I actually like the Eddie Bauer that's lowered....:D

But your ride looks good to, never said nothing bad about your ride. It looks good to:D

Thanks man. It's actually stock height and plan to keep it that way. It's perfect, not too high yet not too low. Dave's ride (the XLT) is jacked up and we were taking pics of how much of a difference it was. It was great, we had lots of fun taking those pics.

*wishes he could do tt/shackles and get 32's* sigh.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if he is me then i did and i also did add-a-leafs!

Back