A "how to" to not have problems with MFT ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A "how to" to not have problems with MFT ?

Daheim111

Reaction score
City, State
Germany / Thüringen
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Sport
Sometimes I got and get problems with nav ("no sd card detected" or in the central display "fault with navigation / see display" or so). Tried to start the car only with remote start, then open the door, start with button (and first after press the button comes Sync/MFT on !): NO more problems occurs ! My first opinion was: battery, measured 11.9 V, ok new battery (old: 3 years old OEM 65 amh/hrs, new one a little bit more from Exide) !
After this: same problem / no problem when use remote start ! To many elements with power consumption at the same time (when start with button it means not with remote start) ?
Anyone with the same phenomenon ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 'No S/D card detected' and navigation fault messages should have nothing to do with the vehicle's battery. They are likely symptoms of some other issue.
Have you tried shutting the radio off before starting the vehicle and then turning it ON after you have started it to see if you get the same errors?

Peter

Is the MFT software up to date?

3.6 and Ford owners says also "up to date"...
@peterk9: turn off the radio is the same I thought so (items with too many power consumption at the same time)...and when I use remote start, exactly that is the matter...radio off until I press the start button !?

BTW: Thanks, @peterk9 ! Competence...

BTW no. 2: What do you think about this:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/mft-update-v3-10.458981/page-2#post-3620243

From Russia ??

Gert
Version 3.6 is not the latest one in North America. V3.10 is and it replaced V3.8. The Ford Owner site information is unfortunately not reliable any more. The power consumption should not be the problem since no one else is reporting the same issue that you have. Something else must be wrong. Here is a post with the V3.10 update link but I don't know if it is also for 'export' Explorers. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/mft-update-v3-10.458981/page-2#post-3620227

@peterk9, found this earlier, but what do you think about it ("comes from Russia") / can I trust on it ? If you say YES, I try it today ! Already loaded it on a stick...

@peterk9, found this earlier, but what do you think about it ("comes from Russia") / can I trust on it ? If you say YES, I try it today ! Already loaded it on a stick...
Unfortunately I have no information on that download so I'm not in a position to comment on it one way or the other. As a member mentioned in the other thread, that software update was for the North American market so I have no idea if it is compatible with 'export' models. As always, use at your own risk!

Peter

Thanks to Benk016 and peterk9 !!!
Risky to do it her in Germany...no help...german dealer said to me that they can not help anyway...but I installed 3.10 / installation works great / about an half hour and finally comes 3.10 on my display ! Now I have to check next days / hope that my problem is solved now !

Back