A little help on wheel / tire sizes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A little help on wheel / tire sizes

Hello all, i've been a lurker here for a while and finally decided to join.

I wanted to see if you guys could give me some help determine my wheel and tire size for a 2001 Sport Track 4x4 with no suspension modifications.

I'm looking to get a black steel wheel similar to Pro Comp SERIES 98 WHEEL's. I'm thinking either a 15" or 16" wheel. I would like a 8" wide tire and want them to stick out about 1/2 - 1 inch out of the fender. Not much but just enough to make it look a little more aggressive. This is where i've become confused.

For tires i'm interested in General Grabbers AT2. Will I be able to run 31's without any suspension modifications. Not quite sure about the correct size on these too or they largest I can run without a lift.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First of all, welcome to the forums!

Your bolt pattern will be 5 - 4.5, and, after looking up the wheels you posted, look up Cragar soft 8's. I believe you might be interested in them, and they are also very inexpensive. You will want something with around 4'' of backspacing to give you the desired look you are going for with the wheel sticking out from the fender.

You will be able to fit a 31'' tire without a lift and any rubbing. I as well run General Grabber AT2's and really enjoy them. I highly suggest them.

Hope this helps,

- Jourdan

Your bolt pattern will be 5 - 4.5, and, after looking up the wheels you posted, look up Cragar soft 8's. I believe you might be interested in them, and they are also very inexpensive. You will want something with around 4'' of backspacing to give you the desired look you are going for with the wheel sticking out from the fender.

You will be able to fit a 31'' tire without a lift and any rubbing. I as well run General Grabber AT2's and really enjoy them. I highly suggest them.

Hope this helps,

- Jourdan

Will these work http://www.jegs.com/i/Cragar/260/3975812/10002/-1?parentProductId=

Size: 15'' x 8''
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2''
Rear Spacing: 4''
Offset: -13mm

Hope this helps,

- Jourdan

I can't find 31" x 8" Grabbers, wonder if these will work http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/general/31%252F10.50-15+general+grabber+at2+109s+owl.html

31x10.5

Back