• Register Today It's free!

A minor but fun purchase! (pics)

XLGT

Reaction score
City, State
Red deer, AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XL
I picked up a cold air intake from K&N...it took three weeks to get it in but makes a great difference. I am sure most everyone here has one already but i decided to snap off a couple pics of before and after. Dont mind how filthy the bay is, it's hard to keep it clean around here.

BEFORE.
wtf003.jpg

wtf004.jpg

wtf007.jpg

AFTER.
wtf008.jpg

wtf009.jpg

wtf010.jpg

wtf011.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice. How much did it cost from K&N?

Too much IMO, $200.00. But i couldnt find one anywhere and i dont have a credit card so i couldnt get one on-line, so i sucked it up and had a local dealer order one up for me. Sounds awesome when you put your foot into it though now i have to decide on a muffler? hmm...

ive got an "ifab" cold air intake. sounds awesome when it takes a big "sip" of air when i get on it too. i must say i am very satisfied w/ with flowmaster 40series exhaust upgrade. i have the stock manifold/cat/40series muffler/turndown

the above system is straightfrom the block. which deletes the "2ndary resonator" and tailpipe.

its a nice rumble but not loud at idle and good thru most RPMs never sounds ricey but is not too loud or "throaty"

check out my newest thread though because i am waiting on a "high flow" cat which i will replace my cat w/ and then i will post my opinion on the sound after that

happy modding!
-chris

edit: btw i hav an OHV

nice intake u got there

ive got an "ifab" cold air intake. sounds awesome when it takes a big "sip" of air when i get on it too. i must say i am very satisfied w/ with flowmaster 40series exhaust upgrade. i have the stock manifold/cat/40series muffler/turndown

the above system is straightfrom the block. which deletes the "2ndary resonator" and tailpipe.

its a nice rumble but not loud at idle and good thru most RPMs never sounds ricey but is not too loud or "throaty"

check out my newest thread though because i am waiting on a "high flow" cat which i will replace my cat w/ and then i will post my opinion on the sound after that

happy modding!
-chris

edit: btw i hav an OHV

Thanks for the info, more than likely will go with a flowy...have em on my GT stang and i just love that sound...very curios as to what it will sound like on a V6...as for the cat i am taking it right out ...here in Alberta there is no emissions control so i am just going to junk it.

Thanks for the info, more than likely will go with a flowy...have em on my GT stang and i just love that sound...very curios as to what it will sound like on a V6...as for the cat i am taking it right out ...here in Alberta there is no emissions control so i am just going to junk it.
Have fun with that on an OBD2 engine :rolleyes: You will gain nothing by removing your cat (except sound).

Have fun with that on an OBD2 engine :rolleyes: You will gain nothing by removing your cat (except sound).

So what are you suggesting...you said gain nothing??? but i am gaining sound :thumbsup:

So what are you suggesting...you said gain nothing??? but i am gaining sound :thumbsup:
Power and torque wise, there is nothing to be had.
Like I said before, have fun removing a cat on an OBD2 engine.

Power and torque wise, there is nothing to be had.
Like I said before, have fun removing a cat on an OBD2 engine.

Ok BUDD...cheers!!!

Hey XLGT I just canned my back one and I have not had any probs with my ODB at all.. but I do know if you get rid of both of them the check engine light will be on all the time and it will most likely over fuel.

would i throw a code on my 92 if i deleted all cats and replaced them with a single highflow? it has an o2 bung if i want to put one in. but lemme kno what i should do

would i throw a code on my 92 if i deleted all cats and replaced them with a single highflow? it has an o2 bung if i want to put one in. but lemme kno what i should do
No, pre OBD2 engines do not have post cat O2 sensors. The aftermarket cat is just as clean as the originals so it wont throw a code on OBD2 engines anyways.

thank ya kindly... hmm no for plugging my highflow!..dangit!

Nice choice, I have the same one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back