A perplexing order situation... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A perplexing order situation...

Time and efficiency- It is more efficient for the line to install items like that at the dealership, until they reach a certain level of "take" (i.e. percentage of sold vehicles that take those options) that it is more efficient for them to do it on the line. As long as it costs them even a dollar less to pay the dealer to install afterwards than it would to do it on the line, they will pay the dealer...

As for dates, they always have CYA dates with built in pad-time. They rarely use set dates because when there is a set date, people tend to take them as gospel, and having been in logistics- it's a mess. Especially vehicle transportation- and there are so many unforseen issues that come up, it's easier to give a range.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I can't wait to get my Explorer!
Wow! I found my car's sticker how exciting. When does that mean it should ship?
...When last I troubled Cory, he told me that the ETA hadn't been updated in a long time...
mkc2012, Kvasilion, & Asystole,

I’m sure you’ll be happy to see the details I replied with. :D

Ask Cory on this forum from Ford Customer Service.
I really appreciate the recommendation, Pete. :)

Cory

My car arrived today

I had just spoken with Ford customer service who had given me the shipping truck number and the company (Allied) and told me the updated ETA of 4/3 (just like you told me, Cory).
I called Allied, gave them the VIN, and was told that the car was dispatched yesterday and would arrive at my dealer today or tomorrow.

A few minutes later, the dealer called to say the car had arrived. So, in summary, I ordered on 2/20, was given a VIN on 3/2 and was provided an ETA of 3/26. The car was built on 3/22, and it arrived at the dealer on 3/29.

Not too bad, all in all.

I had just spoken with Ford customer service who had given me the shipping truck number and the company (Allied) and told me the updated ETA of 4/3 (just like you told me, Cory).
I called Allied, gave them the VIN, and was told that the car was dispatched yesterday and would arrive at my dealer today or tomorrow.

A few minutes later, the dealer called to say the car had arrived. So, in summary, I ordered on 2/20, was given a VIN on 3/2 and was provided an ETA of 3/26. The car was built on 3/22, and it arrived at the dealer on 3/29.

Not too bad, all in all.

Asystole, what part of USA are you from? I thought they shipped the cars by train. I'm in MA and found out my Ltd is in route as of 4am today and Chicago estimates a 4/16 delivery. I wonder if that's by truck or train.

I'm in Princeton, NJ. I don't know if the car was on a train at some point. I do know that sometime a couple of days ago it arrived in Buffalo, NY and left there on a truck. I called Allied in Buffalo who told me to expect the car shortly.

A few minutes later, the dealer called to say the car had arrived...
That’s great, Asystole! We’ll be expecting pictures! :D

...I'm in MA and found out my Ltd is in route as of 4am today and Chicago estimates a 4/16 delivery...
Pete,

I didn’t know what you wanted posted here, so I sent you a reply with an update. :)

Cory

Dealer called, ltd is in........2/8 order..

GREAT BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR MY SELF I THINK :)

Perhaps I will get mine as a belated gift for your Birthday!

Back