A pic of one of my old Radius Arms | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A pic of one of my old Radius Arms

rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
Well here it is. LOL

broke%20rad.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, that's what mine looked like. I was driving on the road when mine let go, sure did get my attention. Are those the latest generation? Hope I don't have that to look forward to again.

I belive this one was one generation behind. Hell yeah it gets your attention. Hit the brake and damn near have to turn the wheel the oposit way about 3 turns!

yeah, I've got those same ones (well, DID, before the latest radius arm upgrade, what fun! :)). Mine both were starting to get cracks but on the drivers side, I had noticed the crack quite a while ago and had someone just do a little tack weld there, and it hadn't spread past about the 1/8" that it was.

My fiancee drives the Ex. and just by chance I drove it to work that day. Someone was looking out for us. She might have put the shinny side down. Can you say lawsuit! What is the differance in the latest generation and when did it come out? Mine broke 9 mos. ago.

Latest generation of superlift extended radius arms was released around March, 2000.

I bought my 5.5" superrunner kit at that time, and got the new radius arms, new brackets with it (and the wrong superrunner steering drag links)

I would never imagine something so thin supporting an Explorer. That's crazy.

The stock ones are even thinner! The newest ones I got are I think a 1/2" thick. More beefier.

Back