Driveway flexing!
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Monsterneer
Callsign
KI6MCO
What options are out there for mounting 52mm (2 1/6") gauges to the A pillar? Does anyone make an Explorer specific triple pod?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iirc no one makes anything specific to X's... iirc there was a person who SC'd theirs and had gauge on the A pillar... forgot who they are, but iirc they posted in the 5r55s swap thread in the trans forum... maybe cobraguy mounted one? i forgot

i think i bought mine for a ranger. however, its just a pod that clips onto the a pillar. the way i did it was i bought 2 pods, and cut one in haft

I had a double in my 95 Explorer. can't remember where I got it.

Tim

This solution as an alternative should be finished soon

0109CDF5-A9F8-4318-9C7D-2AB06EE3E781.jpeg

The Ranger part was a good fit, but it did just lay on top of the original pillar. Someone grafted theirs, with a third gauge, using en epoxy and filler, paint etc. That killed the surface texture, but it looked fine.

They also made a top of column gauge pod, for one gauge, and it fits nicely.

The Ranger part was a good fit, but it did just lay on top of the original pillar. Someone grafted theirs, with a third gauge, using en epoxy and filler, paint etc. That killed the surface texture, but it looked fine.

They also made a top of column gauge pod, for one gauge, and it fits nicely.
Yes, the steering column pod
from the f-150 will fit like Oem

Looks like a generic triple pod should fit, so I ordered one and lets see.

Back