For Sale - A-pillar NMO Antenna Mounting Bracket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale A-pillar NMO Antenna Mounting Bracket

I have a couple of these brackets I made left that fit a NMO style antenna to the A-pillar and hood area of a 1st and 2nd Gen Explorer. I've been using it for about 2 years now and the antenna position works well. $25 shipped! Comes unpainted and without hardware. You will need a NMO mount also. Works best for HAM radios but I think you can probably get CB specific NMO antennas also.

NMO Bracket.jpg

IMG_20180329_132454048.jpg

IMG_20181121_163857625.jpg

IMG_20180329_132511189.jpg

1569438955210602484897778096548.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Want one!

Easiest install of any aftermarket product I've ever used. Fit like a glove (a good glove, not an OJ glove). Now I need to get the adapter to make my CB antenna work in it.

IMG_20191006_140555344.jpg

Ya know, I've been looking at that bracket, empty as it is, and I realized it would be a great mount for a light if there were a mirror image mount for the passenger side. I realize it may conflict with the factory antenna but I've wanted a great set of light mounts for that area longer than I've wanted an antenna mount.

Ya know, I've been looking at that bracket, empty as it is, and I realized it would be a great mount for a light if there were a mirror image mount for the passenger side. I realize it may conflict with the factory antenna but I've wanted a great set of light mounts for that area longer than I've wanted an antenna mount.

I make those too They are a little different shape but very similar.

IMG_20190515_080934634.jpg

36199775_219412478670237_6921317918940594176_n.jpg

Awesome! Price for the right side one?

Awesome! Price for the right side one?

I don't have a right one to match as the dimensions are different to get the light away from the hood and up to clear the light mounting stud. I sell the light mounting set for $38 shipped. If you want to send the antenna bracket back I can credit it minus shipping towards the pair of light brackets.

Sounds great. But the truck budget is tight already this month. I'll pull the bracket and ship it back to you as soon as I can, then get the new brackets around Nov 1. If that's ok

Easy easy easy install. Thanks @Brian1. This thing looks great.
Ran my coax behind the trim by the fuse box. Seems to work good with no drilling needed. Will update if the rains prove me wrong.

20201020_155546.jpg
20201020_161717.jpg

Looks like your taller light brackets will work better for a CB Ant, than this Ham CB bracket, due to the lower height of it, for the coax / Ant connector stud fitting underneath it. They use a 1/2" hole for the plastic separating washer used. I just mocked this bracket up, (would have to weld a 1/2" washer to it for the connector stud) and would have to make a hole in the cowel for it to work with the CB Ant.

What's the hole size you made on the light brackets?

What's the hole size you made on the light brackets?
5/16" but the light brackets have too much leverage for an antenna whipping around. Kevin used one and added an extra "foot" to stabilize it.

There are CB antennas made for a NMO mount and adapters as well.

X2 I made a little arm that comes off the Light bracket so I could put a light and an antenna on it. I can definitely see it moving around there with the Antenna on it. I'm going to have to figure out a way to reinforce it as well.

Nothing against Brian of course... its an awesome piece. I'm just using it for more than it was intended. :)

After doing a little research for those NMO CB parts, I think I am switching to Higher power GMRS. 10 yr License fees dropped to $35/family recently, and the lower than expected prices on these, actually surprised me on some of these more powerful 15-40w units.

These brackets will work for the UHF Ant's used for the GMRS, so hey.... all worked out!

curses to you G... Once again you've caused me to do a little online research causing me to want yet another upgrade....

I have a couple of these brackets I made left that fit a NMO style antenna to the A-pillar and hood area of a 1st and 2nd Gen Explorer. I've been using it for about 2 years now and the antenna position works well. $25 shipped! Comes unpainted and without hardware. You will need a NMO mount also. Works best for HAM radios but I think you can probably get CB specific NMO antennas also.

View attachment 174111

View attachment 174112

View attachment 174113

View attachment 174115

View attachment 174116
Hey Brian, I got a friend asking if these mounts will fit an early 2000s Ford Ranger. If so he'd be interested. Thanks!

Hey Brian, I got a friend asking if these mounts will fit an early 2000s Ford Ranger. If so he'd be interested. Thanks!

Yes, up to a 2009 Ranger these should fit, they have the same hole in the fender to mount to. I think I only have 1 of these left so let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have a right one to match as the dimensions are different to get the light away from the hood and up to clear the light mounting stud. I sell the light mounting set for $38 shipped. If you want to send the antenna bracket back I can credit it minus shipping towards the pair of light brackets.

Didn't see the listing for the light brackets. I would like to purchase a pair. What is the cost today?

Back