SamsonX

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU
Callsign
KO4MSU
Greetings fellow PI owners. I am getting my 2013 PIU ready for sale, and addressing the windshield A Pillar moulding issue. I have already replaced the passenger side moulding, Drivers side has a spotlight on it. In your opinion, should I just remove the spot and put the moulding on or should I re-install the spotlight (which I am assuming will require drilling through the new moulding, etc.)? I am not the most mechanically inclined so any guidance is appreciated. Thanks!

Side note, the 2013 has been a fantastic car. only reason I am selling is because I just picked up a newer, low mileage PIU.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you opt out to drill the molding you can download instructions including how to cut the hole from Unity's website - that's at least what I did when I replaced moldings on my 2013.

Why not just sell it the way you bought it, with the spotlight, and let the next owner worry about it?

Peter

Because the a pillar moulding needs to be replaced- the root of the issue. Not going to sell a vehicle with flapping moulding and weatherstripping.

I would remove spotlight, buy new exterior molding ($30 bucks on Ebay), caulk the metal hole, and either install a plug in the interior A-pillar trim or grab new trim from the junkyard to swap out. I swapped mine out from a wrecked 14 XLT that I pulled the interior to swap out.

I would remove spotlight, buy new exterior molding ($30 bucks on Ebay), caulk the metal hole, and either install a plug in the interior A-pillar trim or grab new trim from the junkyard to swap out. I swapped mine out from a wrecked 14 XLT that I pulled the interior to swap out.
That is close to what I ended up doing. Spotlight did not want to come out, took it to a body shop and even they could not get it out so we cut it out. Replaced the moldings, plugged holes. Sold the vehicle this morning for full asking price (obviously I priced too low). Sad to see it go, it was a great car. I hope the 2017 Interceptor that I just bought gets me to 160,000 miles like the old one did. Thank you.

Back