City, State
Cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 LTD Golden Bronze
...ordered 2/26
built 3/23
scheduled ETA 4/7
delivered TODAY 3/31!!!

I have not been able to get to see it, since the delivery took me completely by surprise, but dealer confirms it's mine.

I wanted to share a positive story to give hope for those waiting on delivery.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Similar dates ...
Ordered 2/24
Built 3/23
ETA of 4/5 (but mine has not yet arrived)

I hope to have more of your ending than the typical shipment delays experienced by many on this site.

I also have a fortunate positive story.
Ordered Feb. 11
Built Mar. 16 with week of Mar 28 ETA
Picked it up Mar. 31 (7 weeks)

I really appreciated having Seni's input along the way.

I haven't done much with the electronics other than setting the garage door openers and inputing the cell phone. The only problem so far is that the list of Sirius stations won't download. Sirius works fine, I just can't pull up the list. Dealer said that Ford is aware and a software update is due in ten days.

My dealer said that they ordered one the day after mine and still don't have a projected build date. It does seem strange how these durations are so varied.

Great thread! This gives me hope as I just ordered on 3/30.

Ordered 2/28 (Entered in system 3/2)
Built 3/28
ETA 4/4... My fingers are crossed :) Last report was awaiting shipment

wow, great for all of you! What did each of you order? I wonder if it's a particular model or options that are getting through so quickly...

The one thing to remember is that they are building X's for dealers as well as to fulfill all the orders. If one of those dealer allocated vehicles fits your specs exactly, you get that car. I think a lot of these quick ones are due to your vehicle being built prior to your order, but your order took precident over the dealer that had originally ordered that just for stock. That is at least how my dealer explained it to me.... Just my .02

The one thing to remember is that they are building X's for dealers as well as to fulfill all the orders. If one of those dealer allocated vehicles fits your specs exactly, you get that car. I think a lot of these quick ones are due to your vehicle being built prior to your order, but your order took precident over the dealer that had originally ordered that just for stock. That is at least how my dealer explained it to me.... Just my .02

Maybe... But my order I would not think is "stock". Actually my dealer has recieved mostly XLT trims. One of the reasons I ordered.
Limited, 301, tow, moonroof, Grey/Pecan...

Mine is a while limited, 302A pkg, moon roof, towing, painted wheels,

I ordered my XLT (202A, tow, Nav, pwr liftgate) on 2/24, built 3/23 and is currently in transit for a 4/5 arrival.

Congrats to all those getting their Explorers!

order 1/28, build 3/29, sync 3/30..4/1..no ETA (XLT kona blue, 202a, moonroof, power liftgate)
and according to my sales guy it could be 3-4 weeks before we see it.

This is exactly how mine got ordered. The dealer simply modified an existing order to meet my needs. Build date is 3/26 eta of 4/11. I honestly expect it before that and my original eta was 4/18.

I also have a positive story. Walked into the Ford Dealership, told them what I wanted and they found one for me in 3 days. Had delivered from a dealership in Quebec. Only took 3 days. I thought about ordering one, but the dealer said he'd have a look around. Glad I went this way. They had to give up a couple of cars in trade, but it was for a fully loaded X. Cheers.

I know mine was not a dealer order swap. I got golden bronze 301A/charcoal. It looks much better in person than on the web site.

this depresses me. people with build dates similar to mine - and i still have no ETA! dealer called me thursday - said it should be here tonight or tomorrow... its sunday now and still not there.

BTW Seni tracked it friday and said no ETA - still awaiting. So now the dealer is resorting to lies to calm me down.

awesome situation.

I also have a fortunate positive story.
Ordered Feb. 11
Built Mar. 16 with week of Mar 28 ETA
Picked it up Mar. 31 (7 weeks)

I really appreciated having Seni's input along the way.

I haven't done much with the electronics other than setting the garage door openers and inputing the cell phone. The only problem so far is that the list of Sirius stations won't download. Sirius works fine, I just can't pull up the list. Dealer said that Ford is aware and a software update is due in ten days.

My dealer said that they ordered one the day after mine and still don't have a projected build date. It does seem strange how these durations are so varied.

deerfarm,

Congrats on getting your Explorer. It was a pleasure to help track it!

Seni

...ordered 2/26
built 3/23
scheduled ETA 4/7
delivered TODAY 3/31!!!

I have not been able to get to see it, since the delivery took me completely by surprise, but dealer confirms it's mine.

I wanted to share a positive story to give hope for those waiting on delivery.

VFRAL1,

Thank you for starting this thread! I am so glad to hear you had a great experience with your order.

Seni

Order Date: 1/28/11
Build Date: 2/24/11
Today 4/4/11: Awaiting Shipment

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope you received the PM I sent this afternoon. Have a great week.

~Seni

Seni,

I received the PM with the X-Plan ino I was looking for. Thank you!

Do you have an updated status on my Explorer or is it still Awaiting Shipment?

Jade97

Back