A Primer on Computer Engine Control | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Primer on Computer Engine Control

First of All: Let me say THANKS!!! Great Post and follow-up comments in thread. I now know a lot more about CCE's (computer controlled engines) than I ever knew. I come from the time when you "tinkered" with carbs and points, with a tachometer to get your engine performance where you wanted it. With the advent of computer controlled systems in the mid to late 70's, they effectively ended my"mechanikin".
Secondly: I have a 95 ford explorer manufactured during the week of Feb 10,1995. 4.0L EFI engine. I cannot find where you would connect an engine diagnostic unit. There are no "stickers" under the hood that say OBD compliant or anything else. Can someone tell me where I could find that information? I am wanting to know so that I can purchase a diagnostic unit that has "burn" capability to tweak out my lovely one-owner 1995 Ford Explorer.
John: It's under the steering wheel on the lower kick panel. It looks like an OBD II connector but my scan tool for that will not read it.

Back