• Register Today It's free!

A question for all exhaust owners

B-MAN

Reaction score
City, State
Chico,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 EB
In your opinion what is the best exhaust for the 4.0 Exp. As far as money, performance, looks and sound??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably the best exhaust is to just buy a muffler from somewhere and then have a local shop install it for you. Shouldn't be more than $200-250. As for which muffler, that's hard to say. It's a personal choice based on sound, performance, etc...

I got a flowmaster on mine I caught it on special for 50 bux and it was another 99 for them to run the larger pipes from the cat to the muffler and the length from the muffler out

So I only spent 149 total.

Another guy I know bought the borla catback exhaust and paid over 300 for it and he and I both agree the mine sounds better.

Ryan

the flowmaster sound is unbeatable. pick up the 50 series delta flow.

I have the Flowmaster Force II catback and it's awesome. Worth every penny IMO :D

I was looking at Flowmaster exhuasts as well. The only thing is that they might be too loud for some people. I put a Magnaflow Race Magnum flow through exhuast on mine. It sounds great and is just loud enough. Most shops will put different mufflers on to let you hear the difference, mine did. It only cost my $200 installed for the muffler and piping from the cat back.

I went to Meineke and they put a Flowmaster muffler on and a 12"x3" chrome extension. I love the way it sounds, not too loud, but very noticable. Total everything cost $250 and has a 1 year warranty. Not sure what series Flowmaster though, just whatever they put on.

Borla header and flomaster 40 series muffler,great setup

flow 40 with no delta and 2.5 inch exhuast shop aluminumized exit pipe....

Has anyone tried a Raven Muffler?

I LOVE my dual exhaust setup. It is the absolute number 1 mod I have done. Dual in/dual out flowmaster 50 with 3" chrome tips. There is a link in my sig. Kinda hard to see it, I will have some better pics when I get my film developed (or when I buy a digital camera... which ever comes first).

I have never had a Raven, but this guy that I know has a Raven on his Avalanche, just the single in/out muffler and it gave that thing a RUMBLE. Given the Avalanche is an 8 banger, he passed me on the highway on my passenger side and it sounded niiiiice, and I was on the driver side of him!

I like my Flowmaster :D, although I'm pretty sure there's a few Chevy's around here who don't ;) Sounds like an angry little beast on take off, but idles pretty quietly :cool:

I paid about $215 for the pipe, muffler, labor, and chrome tip at a local specialty shop. Not really sure if it's a 40 or a 50 series, though....I'll try to find out sometime in the next week.

I've heard pretty good things about those Raven mufflers. I ended up getting a Flowmaster 50 Delta. I love it. Not too loud, not too quiet. It's all good.

I just ordered the 40 series and just put it on this morning...sounds awesome..not to mess with this thread and start something else but my friend just bought the 50 series right before i got mine and installed it himself...he went from the cat to the muffler then a 2 foot exhaust pipe from the muffler to around equal with the pumpkin...hes got hangers and it sounds good but is there anything wrong with him only having the exhaust piping goin to the length of the pumpkin...hes got it perpendicular to the pumpkin

jay

i am a new explorer owner i own a 2002 explorer sport what is the best exhaust system for my truck

I purchased the bibson side swept exaust form stylinconcepts.com for $250 it has a good ow smooth sound and quiets the cabin in top gear. However If I had been more knowlegeble at the time I would have called my local shops to se if they could have made a dual exhaust.

i have a morgan-tec muffler. connected to stock piping with a tip. the sound is awsome..at idle it sounds like a V8(ok ok but its very close) it is actually the deepest muffler i have heard on a 4.0. anyway all together muffler/install..an tip was $218 or so..the muffler was $85 shipped and he can do any kind of custom muffler you want.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea i have a Raven and its pretty good

Back