• Register Today It's free!

A question or two

98twodoor

Reaction score
City, State
West Stockbridge Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer Sport auto
Hey guys! i was reading thru the specs for my 98 2 door sport on the site, and was confused as to the engine hp and torque specs. It says my OHV engine makes 160 hp and 225 ft lbs of torque, and the sohc makes 200 or so horse, and 250 ft lbs of torque. What makes the extra power in the sohc engine? also, if i swaped one in would i feel much of a differance? Last question...is the 302 swap the only swap that doesnt involve massive alteration to the engine compartment and driveline components, has anyone thrown a 302 into a sport? :D

Dom :fire:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you throw a SOHC into a OHV vehicle...you will need to change your computer and possibly a few sensors.

-Drew

Sweet, thanks Drew! im thinking about throwing a 302 into it, or possibly a 4.6 dohc mustang engine *evil grin*

Dom

98twodoor said:
Sweet, thanks Drew! im thinking about throwing a 302 into it, or possibly a 4.6 dohc mustang engine *evil grin*

Dom

You won't get the mod motor under the hood. Waaaay to big...somewhere on here there is a pictorial comparison of a 302 and a 4.6...4.6 is mucho bigger.

hey, youve got a Mach too! yeah i just went out and looked at it, she is a WIDE motor for sure!

Dom

You a member over at Mach1registry.org?

JDraper said:
You won't get the mod motor under the hood. Waaaay to big...somewhere on here there is a pictorial comparison of a 302 and a 4.6...4.6 is mucho bigger.

here is the aforementioned picture

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 148

No, i never found the need to pay for a site (it is a pay site, isnt it?) if its not ill do it right away! LOL

Dom

yep, its a wide motor for sure! do i have to pay for the mach1registry?

Dom

Back