A Sad Day for the sXc | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Sad Day for the sXc

diablo5969

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Versailles, KY (Home) Poughkeepsie, NY (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Honda Pilot LX
I would just like to officially announce:

I have made my decisions for the next four years, and I will be going to Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, NY. Unfortunately, that means that starting on August 25th, I will be in New York for college, and won't be in the sXc :(

I just wanted to clear up any rumors, and make sure you heard it from me before hearing it through the grapevine.

I am sure I will be greatly missed, as this is obviously a significant moment in the club's structure.

(NOTE: Though most of this post is full with sarcasm, I will be heading to New York at the end of August. Just letting everybody know :) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IF your moving up to poughkeepie are you bring along the explorer?
If so you might like to tag along with us on a few runs to paragon.

Chris
And new york not that bad :rolleyes:

A good place to go is Front St. Stay away from the Marist girls. And if you think you hear gunshots, DUCK, there real!!!!

I never said it was a bad thing I'm going to New York. I just said it was sad that I was leaving the sXc behind.

I'll be taking the Ex up for second semester, so that means I'll have it up there starting in January. Hopefully I will get to join all you New York and Northeast Explorer guys to see some trails.

And explr1, thanks for the advice :D

4wheelin goes to Marist.. and Marist girls play nice ;)

Cool, I'll have another Explorer in the same city. I won't be totally alone :)

And I'm getting mixed reviews about the Marist girls. Maybe I'll just wait and see what happens there :D

Originally posted by ChuckyD
4wheelin goes to Marist.. and Marist girls play nice ;)

I went there also. The Jersey girls are the bad ones, the Long Island girls are real sweet:)-> If you know what I mean......................

Originally posted by diablo5969

And explr1, thanks for the advice :D

The town of Poughkeepsie is a nice place, the city is a little shakey at times. The bullet remark was about something that happend yesterday morning. There was a Jamacian guy up here from Brooklyn on the corner of Academy and Montgomery St. that started an argument with a local hoodlum. The Jamacian pulled a knife and the other guy pulled a 9mm and shot him in the head three times!!! I responded with the local VFD and there was blood everywhere. The guy who shot him was sitting on the curb waiting for the police.

I live in Pleasant Valley which is right next to Poughkeepsie. I'm about 15 mins from Vassar. I gotta admit tho, Marist chicks are better, but they dont lay out on the lawn topless like the Vassar chicks do. ;) When you get here, get ready to be bored. There is nothing to do at night. There are a few clubs that suck and that's about it. When you get up here, drop me a PM and I can show you around the few dumb places we have. Welcome to Po-Town! :)

Oh, when you bring the X up you gotta go down to Paragon and meet up with everyone from eXtremeXplorers. We usually have a pretty good time.

Originally posted by 98FordX24
When you get here, get ready to be bored. There is nothing to do at night.

I was really afraid of that. I'm moving from the biggest part city in the Southeast to the place where I should be ready to be bored. That does not bode well.

Alright, thanks for the invite, and I'll be sure to let you all know when I get up there.

And once I get the Ex up, I'll definitely be tagging along with you guys a lot :)

Damn, Chase, I think I would rather go to jail than to New York.....

awww :sniff, sniff: ;)

you can still be in the sXc! You know ya always got a home with us. :D

If you dont have a fake ID you might as well get out the checkerboard. The only place around Vassar that you dont need to be 21 to get into is a pool hall which is just a minute walk from Vassar. I used to go there a lot until I turned 21.

OH Diablows you have broken my heart!! heh.. just kidding, but I may be going to the next Paragon meet, not sure if when they will have it but this time I would really try to go..

For the record, this is upstate New York, not New York City, just in case I was misleading.

Yes, some actual sXc members replied! :D Hehe, I was worried I wouldn't catch any of you in here.

Allie, it's good to know I'll always have Explorers to come home to :) And Noelle, I'm sorry babe, but I'll see you at Paragon :D

Don't worry, the fake ID will be coming along soon, definitely by the end of the summer. It's just been put on a hold for a little bit while I work out, ummm, other things :rolleyes:

You should have gone to UGA like myself as of August 12..more good looking girls than you can shake a stick at (i think that's how it goes) and enough beer to fill, um, a big body of water.:p

yea southern girls are always better
biggrinangela.gif

As the Beach Boys said...."And the Southern girls with the way they talkThey knock me out when I'm down there"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back