A Surprise Gift Card From Ford

Dale5403

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mondovi, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
When I got my mail today I had what looked like junk mail. I opened it and it was from Ford. Inside was a $250.00 prepaid Mastercard since I had my ST in for warranty a few times. And to be honest my issues have pretty minor compared to a lot of others on this forum. It's a nice gesture and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya, me too, although my clunker has been in the shop for the better part of two months. Nice of them to offer the gift but it doesn't come close to salving the angst.

Ya, me too, although my clunker has been in the shop for the better part of two months. Nice of them to offer the gift but it doesn't come close to salving the angst.

For the same issues, or different issues?

Interesting because Lincoln gave me one as a consolation prize of the the dealership, I think, has had our Aviator more than we have. I told the 250 bucks was kind of a slap in the face for the 1000s we are about to lose on trading this turd in. They didn't seem to care even though they were on the phone with me to make sure the dealer had contacted me to get my vehicle in the shop for more repairs... they just don't think I should be frustrated because its all different issues and its covered under warranty. Oh and they they take a fully loaded Aviator and give me a Base Cosair or smaller for a month sooo yeah what's the problem.

Ford has been doing this to a lot of vehicles lately. It is all over the mustang forums too.

I got one too. I took my Explorer in for noise
every time I sat in the driver seat. They never fixed it, but I did with a little WD40.

they should have given you a free car, cause that is about what you POS Ford will be worth when you go to sell it at 100k miles

they should have given you a free car, cause that is about what you POS Ford will be worth when you go to sell it at 100k miles
My Lease is up next year in November and I will not be leasing another Ford. I am moving on to Toyota. I have already turned in my wife 2018 Ford Escape and bought her a Toyota Camry

........... I took my Explorer in for nice every time I sat in the driver seat. They never fixed it, but I did with a little WD40.
Huh?? :dunno:

So what is it supposed to say?
I took my Explorer a number of times for an issue with the driver seat. Every time a sat on it, it had a cracking noise. they replaced the cushion and the parts to no avail. If you look under the driver seat you will the a control box attached to a support bar, well that was making the noise, so I sprayed some lubricant on it and no more noise. That was what I wanted to while I was falling asleep.

I took my Explorer a number of times for an issue with the driver seat. Every time a sat on it, it had a cracking noise. they replaced the cushion and the parts to no avail. If you look under the driver seat you will the a control box attached to a support bar, well that was making the noise, so I sprayed some lubricant on it and no more noise. That was what I wanted to while I was falling asleep.
I need to check that out. I thought for sure my seat was broken, every time I shift my legs or adjust my position I hear this awful cracking noise.

my 20 XLT was not a stranger to the local dealer service department for warranty issues. All have been straightened out, but it took about 6 trips to get it all done.

From squeaky front seats to a bad apim, it took convincing at the dealer to get things fixed. Today I received a prepaid MasterCard from Ford with an apology for it having to be in the shop so many times. Has anyone else every received something like that? It came from Ford, not the dealer.

Part of me thinks they know I have a reservation on a lightning and they want to keep me happy, but part of me is thinking they know they screwed up the 20 explorer.

And so I see I should have searched a little better… thanks

I put a pencil to my generous gift. It turns out to be about $3 a day. Gee, thanks, Ford. My beast has been in the shop for three weeks...still in the shop.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I received the gesture of apology gift card yesterday, which genuinely surprised me. I didn't buy it new and haven't had it that long. I had purchased my 2020 Limited earlier this year, and but it has been in the shop over a month of the short six I have owned it. ~$8 for each day it's been in the shop.... At this point, I'd happily pay them the $250 to have the warranty issues resolved!

Back