A Tribute to my 04 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A Tribute to my 04

markheus

Reaction score
Well, I found this forum by accident while looking for some information on my new Explorer that was bought to replace my Ranger which my girlfriend totalled.

It was my first new truck which my gf and I bought, fittingly, after me wrecking her F- 150 (wow, we're dangerous) I

Wow, I loved that truck. I put over 100,000 miles on it in less than three years. I am an installer for DirecTV and that truck went everywhere - all over Minnesota, North Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado, South Dakota, and a handful of other states. And let me tell you they were rough miles. I usually carried 2 or 3 ladders using a tracrac (which I highly recommend) and usually 5-600 lbs of gear. It went through a blizzard (4ft of snow on the ground at 12,000 ft) and sub zero temperatures around Duluth Minnesota. I had a lot of fun with it in Oklahoma during the rainy season. That clay mud sticks to EVERYTHING! But the Ranger drove through it all. I actually only got stuck twice. During the blizzard in Denver when I was in a subdivision coated in ice and during a bog near the Meramac River in Missouri.

The only problems I ever had with it was a broken belt and idler at 90,000 miles. WOw, what an unbelievable truck. I just wanna post a few of my favorite pics...

3051937228_a5baf0e8ca_o.jpg

502509013_d914704a3a.jpg

476322564_e3168729f9.jpg

453560417_0f9c335912.jpg

451737925_535d1f5a9c.jpg

3055177420_c7fb243083.jpg

Thanks for humoring me. Don't get me wrong, I love my Explorer - but I spent a lot of windshield time with that truck.. it was unbelievable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..Sorry to hear this sad tale...I have one of each and my Ranger is my favorite too..:biggthump

...Why not get another Ranger for, ummm, :scratch:...the gas milage...Thats what you can say...:D

And of course... the damage... I will say that my girlfriend didn't get more than a couple bruises. And all the tow truck driver could saw was how impressed he was with my ladder rack. Apparently he drug it out with the truck on its side and it didn't bend a bit.

3055199036_4843b56f74_o.jpg

3054363943_1a677e2a9c_o.jpg

..Sorry to hear this sad tale...I have one of each and my Ranger is my favorite too..:biggthump

...Why not get another Ranger for, ummm, :scratch:...the gas milage...Thats what you can say...:D

Ironic you say that... that's why I chose it over a full size.... boy was I wrong...

...on the gas milage, I take it you had the 4.0 w/auto tranny then???

Exactly. Manual tranny's aern't to great in a work truck. There's usually to much else going on. But that engine was rock solid. And of course, all the crap strapped to the back didn't help.

...I know you will enjoy your Explorer but, you can never replace your Ranger..:salute:

...There are several guys on here that are previous Ranger owners and we all feel your pain..;)...That last pic you posted says it all...:(

Back