Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
First I would like to thank everyone who helped Char and I decide on a new car. Char was really leaning towards the WRX STI, but comments from people here and our research on other websites made us take a harder look at the Mustang.

We now have just over 800 miles on it and I've already changed the oil to get rid any metal floating around from break in. I've been doing a lot of research about the car on the web and I've found a couple good websites. www.mach1registry.com and www.mach-1.org. Turns out these cars usually run mid 13's at about 105 completely stock and on street tires:eek: With drag radials they're dipping into the 12 second range. I'm throughly impressed and can't wait to get it out to the dragstrip for some fun:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lucky *******! I want one or atleast a Cobra. I wonder how much a new cobra goes for..

Glad to hear your happy with the mustang. I love my fiance's (even though it's a weak v6). Sounds like a blast to drive!

Later
CP :D

Originally posted by Blee1099
Lucky *******! I want one or atleast a Cobra. I wonder how much a new cobra goes for..

The Cobra's that I saw were all priced at $35,000. I can't see that the enhancements are worth another $15,000 over the price of the Mach 1.

The Cobra's also have independent rear suspension. It seems that they pull that out and swap in a straight axle for drag racing... so what's the point in that, unless you want to road race. I have seen a supercharger kit that will bring the HP up to about 450. That would be a LOT of fun to add at some point :D

I would love to drive a irs mustang just to feel it.
305(Mach 1)horses is nice too. Oh I wish.........

03 are 04 cobra's are now priced to move. 03 are going for mid to low 30's now and the 04's are 34k range. good deals on new cars. my dealer has 2 brand new mach's priced at 23kl each. one white and one yellow.

congrats on the mach. be careful of the axels though. i hear they are weak and snap pretty easy.

Originally posted by 1995whitestang
congrats on the mach. be careful of the axels though. i hear they are weak and snap pretty easy.

They are 28 spline Ford 8.8". I have heard they have only been breaking after people have added drag radials and heat them up in the water to get them sticky.

Upgrading to 31 splines is easy and cheap enough :D For under a grand we could do axles, locker and lower gears :D

dd you get an auto or stick? if auto get some 4.30 gears...youl love it.

i cant wait to get me a new stang after graduation. im selling mine now to help with college and family stuff. so after it all done....look out for me. LOL

We got the stick. If I was really interested in bracket racing I would have got the auto for consistancy. We got this for all around fun so the 5 speed was the best choice.

How about some more pictures, Rick?

Originally posted by RangerX
How about some more pictures, Rick?

I'm going to try for some video :D You've gotta hear this thing:D And it moves out like a a bad SOB.

These are the stats for the car in the video.

13.078 @ 108.49 (2.002 -60 ft)
X-pipe (exhaust_
Street Tires
3470 Race Weight w/ Driver

Rick, your oh so lucky. My brother has a 2000 v6 5 spd that should be in the low 12s soon. want a list of mods? ask me. ive always wanted a mach 1 since they came out. the new ones that is, i wasnt around for the first batch of em.

Originally posted by Garth
I would love to drive a irs mustang just to feel it.
305(Mach 1)horses is nice too. Oh I wish.........

The machs come with the 8.8. The IRS is only on the new cobra.... bad choice in my opinion by ford, but they had to do what they thought would work the best in all situations.
In the latest edition of 5.0 mustang and super fords there is an 03 cobra that is rediculous. Article is called "Enter the Dragon" Says in the article that at about 11.60's in the 1/4 you start to get a little risky with the IRS. So id imagine those cobras with the IRS can handle around 450RWHP. They then swapped it out for a 8.8 with a spool, strange 31 splines, and a FRPP cover. They then took a strange path, took the blower OFF. Ha, then added a single T-76 turbo with 17 PSI. They got 737RWHP..... now runs 10.30s at 139mph.
next is a new T-88 Turbo with a shot at 950-1000 hp on mild boost.
i want one. :eek:

Well, tomorrow night I will be joining you in the Mach 1 Club. We are supposed to pick up ours at the dealer then :D :D :D. Ours is jet black with the 5 speed and billet accents!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats Jeff :D We'll need pictures!

Enjoy and get ready for a smile that just won't go away!!

Back