A week with the Mach 1 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A week with the Mach 1

Originally posted by JDraper
Well, tomorrow night I will be joining you in the Mach 1 Club. We are supposed to pick up ours at the dealer then :D :D :D. Ours is jet black with the 5 speed and billet accents!

Selling the firebird.. Atleast your going back to Ford..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Blee1099
Selling the firebird.. Atleast your going back to Ford..

Yep, Firebird is going. Anyone want to buy a '89 Firebird. 2.8 V6 w/5 speed. AC/Cruise/Tilt Wheel. Bright red w/grey interior. Blaupunkt AM/FM detachable HU w/10 CD changer in rear. 112k miles in good condition? $2k takes it!

Originally posted by Rick
Congrats Jeff :D We'll need pictures!

Enjoy and get ready for a smile that just won't go away!!

thanks..

I drove an '04 GT yesterday to make sure I fit in the car before I had them get the Mach from another dealership. Even that was a blast to drive. Can't wait for the Mach. Last 'Stang I had was a 65 with a 400 hp 302 under the hood. That was back in '84 and I still miss it.

We are going to be getting a 2nd Mustang for my wife. She wants a 64.5-66 Convertible. Gotta find one of them now :D

Yep, Firebird is going. Anyone want to buy a '89 Firebird. 2.8 V6 w/5 speed. AC/Cruise/Tilt Wheel. Bright red w/grey interior. Blaupunkt AM/FM detachable HU w/10 CD changer in rear. 112k miles in good condition? $2k takes it!

I thought maybe you were getting rid of the zuki too.. Trying to go with a Ford only household..:D

Originally posted by Blee1099
I thought maybe you were getting rid of the zuki too.. Trying to go with a Ford only household..:D

Zuk Stays!! BTW, it has a new name (thanks to a certain individual that has a secondary nickname that comes from the sea!!). It's been branded the Zukkini.....ugh!

Zuk Stays!! BTW, it has a new name (thanks to a certain individual that has a secondary nickname that comes from the sea!!). It's been branded the Zukkini.....ugh!

Thats a good one.. They both are green and don't tell me Lindsy thought of that name.. Atleast you ain't named TP.. I guess I'll be infamous for my actions from now on.

I drove an '04 GT yesterday to make sure I fit in the car before I had them get the Mach from another dealership.

Oh man, you haven't even driven the Mach yet. You're in for a treat :D It handles much better then the GT. Lots of changes to the suspension and the Mach has sub-frame connectors from the factory to help stiffen up the chassis.

I read up on all the suspension/engine changes, and I've been itching to drive the Mach, but the closest dealer that has one is about 2 hours away. I'm gonna take it for a THOROUGH test drive tomorrow before I hand over the check. I was trying to have Donna on the Mach 1 owners board run the VIN to make sure it's never been damaged, but I'm getting a sql socket error over there now....

[edit] board is working now. musta been a momentary glitch.

We are all envious of Rick & now Jeff since Sue gets to get a new Mach 1.. The Mach 1 is definately not worth comparing to a Firebird.. So who will be driving the mach 1, Sue or Jeff? Or will this be a future car for Rachel.

Originally posted by Stephen
See, now I'm gonna have to get one of these things...

Yes, you do :D

It's a perfect mid-life crisis car;)

i think he's past that point rick... way past mid.. old geezer... :D

I was trying to be nice to the old man Jason :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Say "Hello" to Spirit :D :D :D! (My daughter already named it!) I'll have better pictures tomorrow in daylight.

Attachments

• mach1.jpg
    mach1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 175

I see quite a bit of dirt in those wheel wells already Jeff. Did you try taking it offroad? That's no way to treat a fine piece of machinery like that. :nono:

Nice car.. So are you & Sue going to fight over who gets to drive it?

Originally posted by Rick
I was trying to be nice to the old man Jason :D

Isn't that calling the kettle black.. :D

Originally posted by X24
I see quite a bit of dirt in those wheel wells already Jeff. Did you try taking it offroad? That's no way to treat a fine piece of machinery like that. :nono:

It's all the junk from the melting snow :fire:! Gotta love winter! I'll give it a bath tomorrow and take more pix :D!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice Stang!:cool:

Oh, and wheres McVeytown at? Just wondering what your close to.....

Back