• Register Today It's free!

A4ld lost all gears

Fordexplorerguy1

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
I just replaced my a4ld valve body with one off ebay and I had to downgrade one of the solenoids from the tall one to the stubby one, and Everything was put on correctly but when i start my truck i have no reverse drive over drive 1,2 or regular drive,. Could i have installed the Valve body wrong? I also believe the filter wasnt on good,. what would cause it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah it has a new filter, But i dont think i installed it correctly, And no i dont have a torque wrench either

I just got back from draining the pan and inspecting my valve body. I drained one of my pans that i took the old fluid the first time out of to reuse today and i found 2 vb bolts that i was missing, And about 5 or six bolts That were not tightened down. The issue im having now is the filter wont fit my valve body the o rings are too big, Should i remove my reverse servo? Someone said i should have because when i removed my vb the last time the servo disk thing stayed in place. Also I did not find metal shavings in my pan when i tried to move it so thats another + .

It was the one that came in the felpro kit i believe I had it changed by my ex girlfriends dad, It fits my original valve body but not the new one i have, Im not sure why exactly it doesnt fit either.

Back