• Register Today It's free!

A4LD performance 4x4 trans

RMR Motorsports

Reaction score
City, State
Kingman AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4
Ok my transmission just took a dump again after it was rebuilt 7 years ago and my friend that owns a transmission shop had a performance torque converter built for me from Hughes and did all the updates and shift kit the last rebuild and this time I'm going to get a #K15 . Combo Kit. Fits A4LD transmissions, 1985 to 1994. You get an Alto master rebuild kit plus a Transgo Shift Kit, 2 large servos for 2nd and overdrive, 2 performance black carbon fiber bands, Sonnax oversize pressure boost valve and a 3rd gear clutch - Alto Power Pack that will give you up to seven clutches. This will give you one more clutch in 3rd and reverse than you have now. Stock has 4 to 6 clutches, from PATC has anyone got one of their transmission or used this kit and how did it work for you? Also on the torque converter what stall are you going with? For more info on transmission kit and transmission that you can buy I put web site below. Thanks Loren

http://www.transmissioncenter.org/a4ld.htm

I have a 92 XLT 4X4 4.0, 7.5 lift, 4:56 gears, and plan on going to 35 inch tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do they make this for the 4.0 Liter bell housing cause they only state 2.3 2.8 2.9 and 3 liter bell housing

Yes it is for 4.0 too, they just change the bell housing for other engine sizes.

I got parts in getting ready to pull trans out and take to my buddy's trans shop for him to rebuilt, let you know how it goes

Back