• Register Today It's free!

a4ld T5 swap?

Fordexplorerguy1

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4.0 tow package?
Hey everyone, I just rebuilt my a4ld and my trucks working great! however the a4ld in my opinion is a ticking time bomb, and i would rather have a manual transmission. i know there are a few that have done a t5... what exactly do i need to do the swap? where do i order parts from and what t5 should i use?

thanks!
justin

I did a M50D swap. I Needed to hang the pedals, add a clutch master and slave cylinders, and I used the wiring harness from the manual tranny. It was done in a afternoon, with a couple friends -- hanging the pedals was the worst part by far. I recomend just hanging the pedals in the holder in stead of pulling the hanger and putting it all up there.. :)

The t5 shifter location won't bolt up. You really need the M5OD, parts needed: wiring harness for back up lights (it's diff on a man trans and it's only a few wires), trans (lol duh) clutch/ brake pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder and all the lines, slave cylinder, clutch, and a computer for a gen 1 stick shift.

I love my 5 speed :) it's not fast by any-means but I like so I guess that's all that matters.

Back