• Register Today It's free!

A4LD to manual

jkp89

Reaction score
City, State
lakeside arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 explorer eddie bower
ok my pice of **** a4ld tranny is makeing all kinda wierd clunks and bumps gona go out soon. now what i wana do is replace it with a manual tranny so my question is. is there a manual tranny that will bolt to my engin and transfer case? if so what kind and what kinda cars will i find it in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sure there is, search for the term "m5od" - lots of threads on this one.

All you have to do is find an explorer with a manual tranny and there you go. :thumbsup: I have two and haven't had a single issue with either of them. Once you go manual you never go back... :D

o thanks so much

hey i did the same swap. my auto wasn't having trouble but it was no fun to drive and got like 10mpg w/stock gears on 93xlt and 33's when granny driving it. i suppose it could've been slipping, but heh. anyways yeah i've gotten two manual trannies(thought 1st one was screwed, forks were misaligned :eek: ). i know 410fortune told me the ideal trannys r 93 or 94 mazda trannys. they r beefed up those years. but yeah the swap isn't too bad. beware of the dreaded clutch bleeding. if you go through with the swap feel free to pm me all you want because i just got done doing the same swap. but to answer your question i'd check the local junkyards. the pick-n-pull around here r $100/ manual tranny.

Back