• Register Today It's free!

A4LD transmission wanted.

gleek2002

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer XLT
I am needing a decent transmission for my 1994 Explorer (4.0 V6 4x4). Located in Missouri, I can hardly find any good ones. Here's my boy, he's desperate lol.

BE86179A-69C5-4F1B-8E9B-8E486B7BA016.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am needing a decent transmission for my 1994 Explorer (4.0 V6 4x4). Located in Missouri, I can hardly find any good ones. Here's my boy, he's desperate lol.

View attachment 428123
Hello and welcome. I'm assuming you've checked out local auto recyclers (junk yards). With that option exhausted, try independent transmission shops. Many have one on their shelves, or could rebuild yours. Either way, it will run you 1200 to 2000. Never hurts to call.

options are

JY: assuming youve checked there
online such as eBay: skeptical, but possible
a local tranny shop: should have one/rebuild
remans such as jasper, powertrain products, etc: possibly the best option, but the most costly

welcome to EF! :bounce:

Yes welcome, and your best bet is a local trans shop, or a forum or Craigslist where someone may have a decent buildable 4WD model.

I have one that would work but it's been stored since 2006 and needs rebuilt due to age. Finding one that hasn't been hurt before is hard to do, rebuilding doesn't always fix past issues. For example, mine has 112,622 miles and original to the 93 truck. That's what you want to find, a solid trans and then have it rebuilt.

Welcome.

Back