• Register Today It's free!

AAL/Shackles Question

YettiCrush

Reaction score
City, State
Marietta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I'm trying to get 4.5" of lift in the rear to match my spindles+TT. AAL's only give 1.5-2" of lift and the same with shackles. Would I be able to toss on 2 AAl kits + the shackles? Is there a better alternative b/c I really don't want to do a SOA if I can help it, it's just a tad too high for me with glass fenders.

You do not want to just add 2 AAL's together, but they do sell something called a double AAL. I belive Pro-Comp has it, and you could get it from Summit Racing. I think I remember seeing it for around $75. Do a search for "Double AAL". You will come up with more info.

Do a search for DOUBLE AAL. Find a thread started by me thats labelled something like "single vs double AAL".

Pros and cons are in there, and at the bottom of the first page i list prices and places to buy the double AAL. I have it.. it lifts the rear a good 3" and then the shakles add another 1.5-2" on that.

you could always get some lifted leaf springs. gerald is selling a set of 2" lift springs right now. put the shackles and AAl in them and you may get back to 4.5". a few companies make 4" lift springs as well.

Back