About the lights on the ARB switches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

About the lights on the ARB switches

Ray Lobato

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda Accord
Hey Diff Wack,
Remember we were talking bout the lights on our ARB switches being different? Well I checked out the schematic I am wired the way the Schematic says I'm supposed to be wired.

The switches are labeled like so:

6-----3
7-----8

According to the schematic the compressor switch(isolating switch) is hooked up like this:

Blue/White goes to 6
Red goes to 3
Red/Yellow goes to 2
Black goes to 7&8

Switch 1(Rear Locker) is wired up like this:

Blue/White goes to 6
Yellow goes to 3
Red goes to 2
Black goes to 7&8

The 2 loose wires Red/Yellow and Blue/White are as follows

Red/Yellow goes to Ignition.
Blue/White goes to Illumination

I tied both wires to Ignition.

The Illumination wire Blue/White goes directly to the Blue/White wires of the switches and that location goes to the Big light, not the small bar light. Maybe we have different switches?
Any comments?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on Kevin! How are your switches setup?

bump

sorry Ray, nissed the post

I show the pins as
8---7
2---
3---6

I have pin 2 red going directly to battery power.
Pin 6 blue/white is going to ilumination behind radio.

I think you have pins 6 and 3 reversed on the switch or you have the switch upside down. If you look at the back of the switch, you can actually see the pin numbers, or at least one. Bring your magnifying glass cause they are hard to see as they are raised black on a black backround.

Let me check one other thing, it might just be as dumb as you have the switch toggl portion on upside down. I will try and recreate your light config and get back to you.

[Edited by Diff Whack Daddy on 01-24-2001 at 08:20 PM]

GOT IT

Yor wiring is good, but the rocker platesd on the switches are upside dowm. They pop off the switch. Pull your switches, pop the rockers off and turn them 180 degrees and then put your switches back in also turned 180 degrees do the letters aren't upside down.

Alright Kevin! You Da MAN!
You are right. My switch rockers were put on backwards.

Back