1998 Explorer XLT
Hey all,

IN SHORT:

What does this mean?
abs code: C1102 "Acceleration Switch Malfunction"
How do you fix it?
What is the Acceleration Switch?

IN LONG FORM:

I've done some searching, but i can't find anyone with ONLY this problem, and I'd like to work towards a simple solution hopefully.

I've been having this problem (for a while now), where abs will activate when it is not needed. It kicks in at every stop sign and light, and is becoming dangerous, when the car rolls 2 meters further than it should each time you stop. (NO IT ISN'T LOSING TRACTION DURING BREAKING, OR LOCKING THE WHEELS).

So i had the truck in the shop at school today, and we scanned the abs codes, even though the light was off, and it revealed this code "C1102 Acceleration Switch Malfunction".

My Shop teacher didn't recognize this code, and so I've been tasked with researching how to fix it, so i don't accidentally rear end someone at a stoplight.

So what does it mean? How do you fix it?

Thanks for your help
-Julian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is a switch on the driver side framerail, it is semi common.

It is a switch on the driver side framerail, it is semi common.

Would a malfunction of this switch cause my symptoms?
I've looked on RockAuto but couldn't seem to find the switch. Any additional information would be helpfut.

Thanks
-Julian

I would say you have a abs sensor or tone ring concern cause false activation of abs. That switch should really only cause the light and not those symptoms.

I would say you have a abs sensor or tone ring concern cause false activation of abs. That switch should really only cause the light and not those symptoms.

which is interesting, since the light isn't on

Back