ABS code C1145 - Intermittent | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS code C1145 - Intermittent

jgauthier

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2007
Hey Everyone,

I've been searching and researching, and I just can't seem to nail down what my specific problem might be. I am hoping for some guidance.

My ABS, TC, and Wrench light are coming on intermittently. I can go several days without any lights, and then get the light every day. It always passes the initial tests when I start the ignition. It never is triggered at the 10 MPH test. Sometimes they will go off by themselves. Sometimes the ABS, TC lights go off,but the wrench stays on.

From what I have read, it sounds like it could be a loose connection on the sensor. But I really don't want to start tearing into things without a plan.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the connector sits on right in front of the ecu. Its easy to get at try that first

Well, half of it does. I was thinking the issue would be more on the other end. I will try the end by the ECU, but it probably does not move as much as the end at the hub side.

The connector I was talking about is the sensor connector. If you follow the wire from the hub up that would be where you unplug it to change a hub bearing or sensor. There is no connector on the hub that is the actual sensor.

Thanks. I did find the connector by the ECU. It's hard to get to, so I have not tried to look at it closely yet. I'm a little confused about what you said. Is the sensor in the hub, or at the other end?

Yes, the sensor is in the hub. Yeah sorry for the bad description.

Back