• Register Today It's free!

ABS Codes

johnwartjr

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Limited
I had both front hubs replaced about a week ago, as the left side wheel bearings were getting uber noisy and it just made sense to replace them both.

Before the hub replacement, I had the following code:

B1194 ABS $28 Antilock Brake System Outlet Valve Coil Left Front Circuit Malfunction

I cleared it at Advance, and it went away for awhile. 2-3 days, and it came back.

After replacing both hubs, I now get the same code, plus the one referencing the right side.

B1194 ABS $28 Antilock Brake System Outlet Valve Coil Left Front Circuit Malfunction

B1210 ABS $28 Antilock Brake System Outlet Valve Coil Right Front Circuit Malfunction

I clear them, the code reader says they are cleared, and they return immediately upon turning the key to accessory - I don't even have to crank the engine!

I checked both ABS relays in the box behind the battery upon the advice of the guy at the parts store - and they are both fine.

Where should I look next? It's the last trouble code on the wife's explorer, and I'd love to be codeless :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think there is a sensor on each wheel and another one somewhere else if I remember correct. Don't count on me remembering things though. I even forgot where I put my Memory pills.

those are hcu/ecu codes not sensor codes.

Oh, OK, so the HCU is potentially bad then.. that's the thing in the engine compartment between the master cylinder and the battery.. I think I follow now

the hcu solenoids inside it are bad, or the ecu can't control them. its the assembly that the two brake lines run into and 4 come out.

i cant think of the location on a 96 most are under the drivers side of the truck me thinks, earlier models i think had it under the hood.

well since i cant remember it, i found a thread that shows what it looks like.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293508

Back