• Register Today It's free!

ABS issue 2013 Explorer XLT

BlackBeauty13

Reaction score
City, State
covington,LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013, Explorer XLT
I'm having the notorious abs light, traction control light, brake light issue with my explorer. I discovered Forscan after purchasing a really expensive scan tool (that autozone wont let me return, so beware purchasing anything electronic from them, cause you are stuck with it regardless if it works or not). Using this tool and forscan I've narrowed my issue down to a module internal electrical failure. Has anyone replaced there abs module before? If so, any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What, if any, trouble code did the issue set?
Using the handy 'Search' feature, I found several threads on what seems to be a similar issue but from a quick glance I didn't see where anyone changed their own. It appears they used their dealers to get it fixed.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
What, if any, trouble code did the issue set?
Using the handy 'Search' feature, I found several threads on what seems to be a similar issue but from a quick glance I didn't see where anyone changed their own. It appears they used their dealers to get it fixed.

Peter

U3000. Control module internal electronic failure.

U3000 seems to be a sort of generic code for errors associated with several control modules. I don't believe it specifically points to which module.
There are threads with that code that also contain additional numbers.
Sorry, I can't be of more assistance.

Peter

Back