ABS light and a whistling dash when cold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS light and a whistling dash when cold

walleye14

Reaction score
City, State
brush valley pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer
When it is cold, meaning 20 F or colder, the dash whistles on mild acceleration and if there is a need to accelerate a little harder the ABS light comes on.Got a clue ? This a 4.0 XLT 4WD

My 05 with the 4.6 whistles too. The whistle changes with throttle position and will go away totaly by removing foot from accelerator or pressing harder. Its done it since I got it. Never had the ABS light go on while it occurs.

My 05xlt 4.0 whistles too. No light though. My 98mountaineer with the 5.0 did it also

Next time the ABS light comes on, try using your cruise control. If cruise control doesn't work then the problem is most likely caused faulty main pressure transducer which is AKA cruise control switch. I had intermittent ABS light too. Finally pulled a code C1440 indicates an error with main pressure transducer located on the master brake cylinder inside the engine bay. Luckily, this switch/sensor is very cheap and very easy to replace. You need Ford part #3L3Z-9F924-AB Description: SWITCH 873966. See http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239295
for more details.

Back