abs light andand truck wont start

Sileightyman

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
abs light on and truck wont start

i tried doing a lil searching, couldn't really find much...

anyways, i have a 1997 sport, i went outside to start my truck this morning and it was completely dead, i pop the hood and check batt connections and such, get back in and nothing, so i close teh door and my alarm goes off, so i deactivate it, and get back inside and the truck starts, i notice that the abs light is on, and when i hit the brakes the engine drops to 300-400 rpms and then it goes back up to normal, well after about 5-6 times of hitting the brakes the truck dies, and its back the way it was, completely dead, i havn't really had any problems with the abs or brakes, the CEL has been on for about a month, i checked codes and its for the O2 sensors, this morning the CEL wasn't on tho, anyone know whats going on here?

looks like you're having electrical problems, has it rained or been damp in the morning recently? I'd go through all the main harnesses and spray them out with electrical cleaner, then put some dielectric grease there.

it rained a bit over the weekend, and this morning it was kinda damp outside, lots of moisture in the air, and dew on the windows and such, im going to see if it starts with no problems when i get home from work, if so then im guessing its something thats getting wet?

well i tried starting it when i got home yesterday, still got nothing, anyone have any ideas?

Back