ABS Light ON - U3000:49AB Code 2011 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS Light ON - U3000:49AB Code 2011 Explorer

Turbo_Boss

Reaction score
City, State
Panama Rep. of Panama - Central America
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer XLT FW
Hey Guys

I have a 2011 Explorer

The ABS light on the instrument panel is ON. I scan it and it has the code: U3000: 49-AB

I really appreciated your help

Thx & Rgds

Isaac

Attachments

• a016ab6e-7337-4ea0-a3cd-5a5036566090.jpg
    a016ab6e-7337-4ea0-a3cd-5a5036566090.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,977

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Peter,

Thx so much for your help.

I will going to talk with some people here in my country that have some experience with fixing car computer and ABS modules.

Hope they can fix it.

I will keep you updated if they find the problem.

Thx & Rgds

Isaac

Well i don't have the code but my truck has the ABS and Advance Track light also on the Cluster. Took it for a check and they told me the ABS Module is not being recognized. They suggest me to change the Module and the Control also at the same time.

The estimate of parts only is around $600.00 plus installation and Programming. So roughly there will be a charge of $900.00.

Hello

This programming thing is a rip off.... Here in my country, they want to charge me for the programming almost the same as the cost of the part.......:angryfire:

I think I will keep using my car without ABS!

Rgds

Isaac

You can do that but just hope you don't have to make a hard/panic type stop that may require steering since your wheels may likely be locked.

Peter

Hey Guys

I have a 2011 Explorer

The ABS light on the instrument panel is ON. I scan it and it has the code: U3000: 49-AB

I really appreciated your help

Thx & Rgds

Isaac
Hey Isaac,
I recently had my abs, Trac, VSC, and TMS light all come on in my 14 Sport. After some research, along with my OBD2 scanner and Forscan, I was able to identify the problem as the left rear wheel speed sensor *definitely not a $900 repair*. Not saying this is your problem, but it might be worthwhile to look into Forscan if you're at all comfortable with some slightly more involved diy diagnosis and repairs. Don't go resetting modules and clearing codes all Willy nilly but I've found it quite useful.
Jason.

But your code likely wasn't the same Jason. Did you check the link I posted?

Peter

Hey Isaac,
I recently had my abs, Trac, VSC, and TMS light all come on in my 14 Sport. After some research, along with my OBD2 scanner and Forscan, I was able to identify the problem as the left rear wheel speed sensor *definitely not a $900 repair*. Not saying this is your problem, but it might be worthwhile to look into Forscan if you're at all comfortable with some slightly more involved diy diagnosis and repairs. Don't go resetting modules and clearing codes all Willy nilly but I've found it quite useful.
Jason.

Hey Jason,

Thx for your comments.

Do the Forscan allow you to programming the new part to the car computer?

Thx & Rgds

Isaac

Remember people, you can have the same code in different modules.

Back