ABS light on - Where are sensors located? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS light on - Where are sensors located?

advance auto in my area has a abs code reader and read mine for free .just call around the local parts stores and see who has one .
the most common one that goes bad is in the rear differential.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

+1 on this. Find a place that can read ABS codes that will telll you which part needs replacing.

Does your ABS light stay on but flashes 6-9 times every so often? Folks - forget all the codes and "cleaning" or changing EACH wheel sensors - Many dealers will HOSE you on this simple fix!!! Their is a speed sensor switch on the rear diff which is not easy to get too that needs to be changed out. On my 2004 Limited I found that by allowing my rear wheels to drop when jacked up (on sides) gave me much more room to work and take out one ( I think 8 or 10 mm bolt) and lightly pry the old sensor off. Having the new part helps you see the part you need to change HOWEVER this is the only thing on top (left side from rear on mine) to change. Total job is less than 30 minutes! A lift will make it go even faster. I think the part was less than $50.

My ABS light has been going on and off? Does that means its more of a dirt thing or a bad sensor thing?
Thanks!

How do I find the code numbers?
Thanks!

2002 Explorer XLT over here. I just changed out my rear ABS sensor this morning & the light is still on. I also changed both my front hubs few months ago.
What else is recommended?
I'm thinking ofor disconnecting the battery for a few hours, maybe the computer needs to reset itself?

I just got the ABS light on on my 95 EB. I went to read the codes, the guy of the repair shop told me theres no data and i need to replace the ABS module

=( i guess im going for a second opinion

Ummm, yea....And a third and forth

JAMM

Back