ABS weird sound?

Karpov

Reaction score
City, State
Finland so my english is bad :D
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 4x4 '93
93 explo with abs.

When i brake on slippery or any content which causes abs to work i will hear strange voice.

MMMOUUURRRRRR and little bit spring-type voice comes with abs braking.

Is that normal? It hears than car is stopped / proof surface.

ABS light flash normal when start and 2wd it works well but 4wd it works only about five brakings then abs light comes on and abs will go off.

It is normal for the ABS system to make some noise, and to feel a pulsing through the brake pedal. If the ABS light is coming on while driving, there is a fault. You can read ABS codes from the ABS diagnostic connector under the hood. It is covered by a red cap. I am not sure of the procedure but it is similar to checking engine trouble codes, and if you do a forum search you can find a how-to.

I just replaced the pass side ABS sensor and now I have loud pulsation when I come to the end of a stop even on dry pavement. I think the LH front ABS may be bad. You said that you should feel some pulsing, but shouldn't that only be on uneven, wet or gravel/dirt road surface ?

The ABS should only activate when a difference in wheelspeed while braking is detected. Stops on dry pavement should only require ABS activation if it is a panic stop that would otherwise lock up the brakes and skid.

Back