Abused Honda 3 wheeler

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Howdy. A while back my brother bought an old Honda 3 wheeler. I guess you'd call it an ATC. 350cc. The dude he bought it from had it a long while, and said he NEVER changed the oil! It runs good too! No smoke. My brother has changed the oil twice with conventional 5-30. He's worked and had plenty of dirt bikes so he knows what he's doing. Screens have been cleaned, too.

However, it seems that the transmission (semi auto/clutchless) is slipping. It's not awful but more than noticable. Since the tranny and engine oil is shared, I'd assume that the years of derte oil got to it. Is there anything I can do to avoid tearing it all apart and rebuilding? I feel like running some Sea Foam in the oil to get rid of built up crap cuz I'm sure there is. Should I use a different weight of oil? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

The clutch can be adjusted. It has a cover on the opposite side of the chain/d-shaft. There should be a valve style slotted screw driver stud/nut adjustment. I don't recall offhand how the older Honda's adjustment is. I think you turn the screw clockwise until internal resistance is felt, then back off 1/8-1/4 turn. If you got me a pic of both sides of the motor I could point out where it is. If the clutch is actually worn out they are about 50 in parts, and take under 2 hours to replace.

Back