AC blows on floor when on "face" setting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC blows on floor when on "face" setting

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Limited 2wd
Hello again guys. Such a fantastic forum and I have been learning a lot!

The vehicle is an 02 explorer limited with the auto AC.

When the AC is running and set at auto, or only on the "face" setting, there is cold air blowing out of the vents by my feet and calf. What do I need to look for to get this fixed?

The actuator functions and cycles to each level, but always blowing some on my feet....

Regards
:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there is going to be some air to everywhere all the time the mode doors have foam sticky taped to them so it can only seal so well. As trucks get older the foam can come off and then alot of air can get by all the time.... if it isnt alot of air (when i mean alot i mean like feet feels the same no matter where its at) i wouldnt sweat it... youll spend a grand trying to fix a 10 year old truck....

So....what is that part and where is it?
Follow the link I provided in the first post. You have to take out the glove box and look to the left which is the area behind the ac controls/vents. You will see the actuator I referenced in my picture as well as in the link provided.

Back