AC blows warm air

mduffy216

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
Hi
I have a 2003 Explorere XLT, I turned on my AC for the first time this spring and it blew only warm air, tried AC and MAX AC still only warm air. Looked under hood when MAX AC on and the pulley is turning clutch engages for 3-5 seconds then disengages repeatedly never stays engaged. Any thoughts?

Low on Freon. take it to a reputable dealer and have it checked for leaks then top it off with freon. I work as Agriculture Technician for farmers. I repair all there is to do with harvesting the milk from the cows to cooling it. The cooling units are running the same basic components as your vehicles, but the vehicles are much smaller capacity than milk cooling units. There can be a small leak and the leak can be so small that a leak detection can't pick it up. But when it gets low enough and the pump can't maintain the pressure required it will turn off like you are seeing. I've seen it a hundred times on some farm tanks. Maybe you will just be lucky and just need to have your freon topped off. Or there could be a very small leak on one of your hoses, which are expensive to replace.

Good Luck

Back