WesleyAruba

Reaction score
City, State
Aruba
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport 2005 & SUV 2003
Hi guys!

I’ve got a Sport trac ‘05.
I got the AC filled up and tested by the machine, all good.
But when I turned the AC on, I got hot air (warm Arubian air 😅) instead of a nice cold breeze.

The AC filler station-machine was measuring 0 degrees celcius.
The AC lines almost frost up, until the filter (right next to the coolant reservoir). There, the cold air is stopped somehow..
After this, the AC lines stayed warm.

What can this be?

PS: thanks to you guys, and this forum, I have made many mannnnny repairs to both my cars.
THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Wesley

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if the lines are frosting up you have an issue, sometimes to low of coolant can cause this.
So you may have a leak
Was doing good when tested, then sits for a while, next time it runs no cold air and lines freeze over = loss of refrigerant.

So lets go back a little bit. Why did you take your AC in for service? Not working? System empty?

if the lines are frosting up you have an issue, sometimes to low of coolant can cause this.
So you may have a leak
Was doing good when tested, then sits for a while, next time it runs no cold air and lines freeze over = loss of refrigerant.

So lets go back a little bit. Why did you take your AC in for service? Not working? System empty?

Thanks!

The AC hassnt been used for a long time.
So i decided, lets have it filled and then i can use it again. The filling station tested is and didnt give any mal function readings...

Then, after the fill/test, is turned on the AC, and got no cold air. And a part of the lines froze up, i think because the cold air couldnt move up the line.

I’ll post a picture of the frozen lines asap..

Clogged orifice tube?

I think their is a actual line filter in one of the unions also their are o-rings in the line that can go
bad and leak..... in the line with the filter is...if pulled of course do the o-rings...Is warm air coming
out or no air...you can freeze the coil solid.

Back