• Register Today It's free!

AC does not blow cold

BryceA

Reaction score
City, State
Stillwater, Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello everyone, I have an 05’ explorer xlt (4.0L). Bought a month ago I replaced the blend door actuator (gears were stripped) and the blower motor resistor. Almost immediately after the AC stopped blowing cold. Checked the common issues, fuses, compressor clutch is working perfectly, have enough refrigerant in the system. Just stumped on what it could be. Possibly a evaporator temp sensor? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Time to throw some gauges on there to see exactly what's going on with the system.

Could your new actuator be actuating into the wrong position?
I noticed when installing the actuator, it would only go in one way, and to line up the holes I had to turn the actuator 90°. That would make sense though..

Verify under the hood that your return line is cold and sweating. If it is then it's your blend door not functioning correctly.
Return line is cold as can be, verified everything once again (fuses, compressor clutch, refrigerant pressure). I must’ve installed the blend door actuator wrong and it’s stuck blowing hot air..don’t know how though it only went in one way on the shaft and I had to rotate the actuator roughly 90° to get the mounting holes to line up. Maybe I missed a step in having the Ac on before I take the actuator out so the door is open?

While you are at it check that the hot water valve is operating correctly. Replaced mine recently because the fastening of the actuator arm had completely corroded off and left the valve open all the time.

Back