AC/Heating only works on cold

skimobear

Reaction score
City, State
Little Silver, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer
Hi All,
My 2008 Explorer is making a clicking noise when using AC or heat if I do not keep the temp control almost all the way on the cold side. If I move it we get a non-stop clicking/ticking noise from in the dash.

Any thoughts one how I can determine what the problem is and fix it?

Thanks ahead of time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2008 Explorer blend door actuator

Thanks for the help Town! It turned out to be very easy. On my Explorer 2008 4x4 I didn't have to take apart the dash at all!

After pulling out the panel next to the drivers right leg I could see the actuator. The only tool I needed was a ratchet to take out the three screws.

I picked up the part for $60 and the garage gave me an estimate of $400-$700 depending on how difficult the job was. It took less then an hour for me to do.

Thanks again.

I have an 02 Explorer that suddenly stopped blowing heated air. There isn't any clicking noise that I read about in other postings. Any suggestions?

I have an 02 Explorer that suddenly stopped blowing heated air. There isn't any clicking noise that I read about in other postings. Any suggestions?

This is the 2006 to 2010 Explorer forum, so the 2002 model may have the same or quite a different setup. You will find help in the 2002 to 2005, forum that you will find here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101 where there is a "sticky" in the 5th thread from the start that describes the process to replace the blend door actuator.

Good luck.

Back