AC Not working, possible EACT problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC Not working, possible EACT problem

ejkob

Reaction score
City, State
St. Charles, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 2008 EB explorer with the electronic temperature control system and the AC is not working. I took it to my mechanic and had the system checked out including Freon and pressures and everything is fine. However my mechanic seems to point at the EACT as the problem. Do these units fail and can it be tested? Any other thoughts before I look to replace it? Can it be repaired?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I have read here that there is a troubleshooting menu that can be accessed on the EATC controller. It could also just be the temperature blend door actuator not working anymore. Search using EATC and you should be able to find the info.

Thanks for the information. I have since checked the DTC codes on the EATC and I have code 2267 which is a passenger side blend door problem. However, the AC simply does not turn on. Even with the AC button selected and the temp turned down to 60 deg, on either the driver or passenger setting the compressor will not turn on. Can it still be the EATC gone bad?

Thanks

Before going that route I would pull out my meter to check to see if the compressor is getting power when it is cycled to on (maybe put it in AC mode with heat and see if it cycles that way??). If no power to the compressor then backtrack the connections to make sure they are good and then I would say it is safe to point to the EATC not working correctly anymore. I have never had to mess with an EATC unit so I am hoping that someone with some experience will weigh in on this problem.

Back