Solved - AC oil amounts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved AC oil amounts

Prefix for threads that contain problems that have been resolved, and there is an answer within the thread.

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 EB V8
Replacing all the AC stuff this weekend. Compressor blew, black death. The new compressor has 7oz of pag-46, how much do I need to add to the condenser, accumulator, & evaporator?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

7 oz of PAG-46 is the total amount for the entire system :thumbsup:

So do I need to take some out of the compressor & add it to the other items? Or will it circulate through the system once it's charged? These are all new parts. The compressor came pre oiled.

No need to redistribute it.

Be sure to give the compressor (clutch) a number of spins by hand in the proper direction after you close up the system and again just before you evacuate & charge it. This will push any excess oil out of the compressor that could otherwise damage it if it's first engaged at engine speed. After that it should distribute itself throughout the system.

Cool. I did add just a little to the accumulator. I spilled a little out of the compressor mounting it.

thanks

Back