AC pressure switch wiring | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

AC pressure switch wiring

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
Need some help please.

Shop that replaced my AC the 1st time cut the connector for some reason of the AC pressure switch. They put 2 wire connectors on it & stuck them on the pins. I replaced the switch & need to know which wire goes to which pin.
I need a picture of the connector situated on the pressure switch. From that I should be able to determine by the connector lock location which wires goes where.
The wires are purple & a black strip one.

Thanks

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
On mine, the purple wire is on the passenger side, the green w/red-orange stripe is on the drivers side - which has the bulge on top and matches to the raised notch on the female plug.

<

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
So the locking connector part is pointing up towards the hood? Then the purple wire is on the left pin?

<

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
The locking connector part on mine is facing down, the larger side of the connector with the bump/bulge are facing the drivers side, the purple wire is on the passenger side, which is the opposite side from the bump/bulge.

<

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
Got it. thanks

<