• Register Today It's free!

AC Vent Issue - 2013 Explr Sport

zen2u

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Ok, so every care Ive owned since 1978 has always had a AC/Vent control setting (flow arrow icons) with three directions, Top/Middle/Bottom, or, in otherwords, Top= Windshield(where dashtop meets windshield)/Middle=Dash/Bottom=Feet. Normal right? And if living in cold climate, a sperate button for defrost (front or rear).

So living here in San Diego (compared to when I lived in wonderful Michigan) i never run heat. I prefer to set my AC vents for Top and Middle.(heat rises where I live) But there are no icons in CLimate settings that show flow arrow icons for the "top" (where dash meets winshield).

Tell me please this is user error and a solution exists!?!

Ok, so every care Ive owned since 1978 has always had a AC/Vent control setting (flow arrow icons) with three directions, Top/Middle/Bottom, or, in otherwords, Top= Windshield(where dashtop meets windshield)/Middle=Dash/Bottom=Feet. Normal right? And if living in cold climate, a sperate button for defrost (front or rear).

So living here in San Diego (compared to when I lived in wonderful Michigan) i never run heat. I prefer to set my AC vents for Top and Middle.(heat rises where I live) But there are no icons in CLimate settings that show flow arrow icons for the "top" (where dash meets winshield).

Tell me please this is user error and a solution exists!?!
Looking at the Owner's Guide, it appears the only way to get air from the windshield vents is in the 'Defrost' mode.

Peter

Thanks Kevin. Looks like I will have to just deal.

In general, I am finding that while the whole climate thing is somewhat programmable, it appears that a few assumptions have been preset into the system in general.

For instance, I have to set my temp to "lo" otherwise the heat kicks on if outside is cooler than my AC setting because they don't allow user to bypass "auto". Even when it gets down to the 50's outside, I never want my heat to turn on. So if I set my AC to, say, 67 degrees, then any time it is 66 or cooler outside the heater runs. WHat I have been used to is that in that senario, the AC just wouldnt kick on because I would have never turned heat on.

Like home AC. If set to 70, it kicks on over 70 and shuts off under 70. The furnace wouldn't kick on the moment it goes below 70. Ford has made it that the only way you can run AC without he Heat coming on is to set it to its lowest setting "lo" and that way you can turn off Auto. Jeeeze!

Clearly I have climate "issues" but it won't be the end of the world. DOn't even get me started on the antiquated NAV. Thank God for Siri.

oops! PETER - SORRY!!

Back