Accident with PETERBUILT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Accident with PETERBUILT

Well today started off good you know I woke up took my son to the day care and off to work I went about 5 miles from my house I got behind this tractor and trailer -trailer doing 35 miles an hour in a 45 well i followed him for about 3 miles and then came to a red light we both turned right onto a 2 lane road he went to the right lane I went to the left into an up hill tight s turn speed limit 15 when I tried to pass him he Tried to speed up so i could not get around him well when I got beside him in the corner there was another car coming down the hill on the in side lane so here I am stuck in the middle and then all of the sudden the truck comes over in to me I feel the ex jump up in the air and then a loud crash pieces fly so I pull over jump out and look for missing pieces and I find this
100_4842.jpg

every thing is there and not mangeld just then the truck pulls in behind me he asks if I was ok and I said I was fine the I turned around to fine rubber marks all over his fender and the left part of his bumper missing needless to say I have a trophy
100_4840.jpg

100_4839.jpg

100_4843.jpg
]
so to sum it up explorer 1 peterbuilt 0 and i laughed all the way to work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm certainly glad that went in your favor, it's usually the Peterbuilt (or Mack or Freightliner) that comes out on top

Hopefully he got at least one ticket?? Glad it came out in your favor!

No cops involved i tore his bumper off and did not hurt mine so i figured sucks to be him he did not want to call the cops and me being a nice guy hahahaha
(actualy i was late for work and i did not need to see the cops you know not haveing a rear bumper or any thing they tend to frown on that

BUILT FORD TOUGH

Built%20Ford%20Tough%20logo.jpg

I have pride in the car i drive because i am an AMERICAN:us: and i believe in buying American.:us:

^^^+1

wow impressive. I bet that truck driver will exaggerating about what he hit...lol

I had a cab wedge himself under my hitch. I looked like he hit the corner of a building...He scratched up my bumper and cracked the foam under it.

usually the other way around, but way to go! I love our rear bumpers.

While I was at work a while back, someone pulled out of their space and backed into me. As my coworker told me, because I didn't see it, they stopped and looked at my Ex and their car, shrugged and drove off. When I got out to look at the damage, there was a paint scuff on my bumper and plastic from a broken taillight. My coworker said that the whole bumper of the other car was caved in.

No cops involved i tore his bumper off and did not hurt mine so i figured sucks to be him he did not want to call the cops and me being a nice guy hahahaha
(actualy i was late for work and i did not need to see the cops you know not haveing a rear bumper or any thing they tend to frown on that

Why be a nice guy to someone who punched it to keep you from safely passing? IMO he should be in jail:dunno:

I understand about the bumper thing though... Even though it was his fault you would have probably ended up with a ticket as well:rolleyes:

thats why i did not call the cops had i had a rear bumper on i would have had them there

right onto a 2 lane road he went to the right lane I went to the left into an up hill s turn when I tried to pass him he tried to speed up so i could not get around him

You tried to pass him uphill around a corner on a 2 lane road? I sure hope you mean a 3 or 4 lane road, because if it was a 2 lane road you dont deserve to be driving.

And I have a very, very hard time believing that a semi WITH TRAILER can "speed up" while going up hill enough so that it prevents a v8 explorer from getting past him.

Ive grown up working on and driving semi's, they cant just hit the NOS and speed up a hill. And if the story really happened as you mentioned, id be thanking whoever you pray to that you drove away from that.

^^^ x2

glad you made it out fine but any large truck (24' box truck and up) simply can not punch it to speed up to pass, you probably caught him just as he was shifting gears. i've driven many large trucks and whether it be a 10 yr old beater or a brand new penske rental they are not designed for it.

and just ask anybody who has driven a large truck/semi for a day or for their entire life, there is NOTHING more annoying than drivers cutting right in front of you at the last minute or not leaving several car lengths before moving into your lane, all because they can't spare a minute at the most

You tried to pass him uphill around a corner on a 2 lane road? I sure hope you mean a 3 or 4 lane road, because if it was a 2 lane road you dont deserve to be driving.

And I have a very, very hard time believing that a semi WITH TRAILER can "speed up" while going up hill enough so that it prevents a v8 explorer from getting past him.

Ive grown up working on and driving semi's, they cant just hit the NOS and speed up a hill. And if the story really happened as you mentioned, id be thanking whoever you pray to that you drove away from that.

it did not have a trailer and it was a 4 lane 2 one way 2 the another and yes that is the way it happend I have the pieces of the truck look at the above pics

^^^ x2

glad you made it out fine but any large truck (24' box truck and up) simply can not punch it to speed up to pass, you probably caught him just as he was shifting gears. i've driven many large trucks and whether it be a 10 yr old beater or a brand new penske rental they are not designed for it.

and just ask anybody who has driven a large truck/semi for a day or for their entire life, there is NOTHING more annoying than drivers cutting right in front of you at the last minute or not leaving several car lengths before moving into your lane, all because they can't spare a minute at the most

I did not cut him off he came into my lane and My father has owned kennworths ever since i was a kid and I also have done my share of driving them also

Back