AccordRanger's 99 Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AccordRanger's 99 Sport

Picked her up about a month ago for $2800.01 From Mountain States Toyota.

008-Copy.jpg

005-Copy.jpg

005.jpg

Plans: TT and shackles, 265/75/16's, sliders, Locker.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excuse the mess, haven't had time to clean it out lately.
Took this out....

042.jpg

So I could run some wires under the carpet.

Then found this mess under it.

043.jpg

Vacuumed it then used some carpet cleaner, and got it looking a little better.

044.jpg

CB coax

045.jpg

RCA cables

046.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Figure I'll also post how I have my CB setup.

047.jpg

049.jpg

The mic holder is a wire hanger cut and bent to hang from the pass visor.

048.jpg

Another question for ya. Where did you find just the bushings when you made your front end links. I assume that is just regular all-thread you used? I need to make a set now. I just cut mine off and its fairly unstable without them on there.

I just used regular Energy Suspension bushings from Autozone.

Not really, got used to it pretty quick.

Like the front sway bar disconnects, I'll have to copy this for mine :) does it line up fairly easy enough when your done? Sport looks good.

Looking good mate! I'm still amazed at what I find under me seat!!:thumbsup:

Did you ever get around to adding shackles? I am going to be doing the 4 door leaf pack swap, aal, and shackles. Im hoping that won't be too much for stock rear shocks. That will probably get me around 3" of lift in the rear I'm guessing. You got a fair bit even without the shackles, although it seems to look like it settled down a bit in later pics.

Still haven't got the shackles done yet. And the AAL has settled, haven't measured yet to see how much.

awesome x man.

Got the interior back in yesterday. Sub install is now 100% complete.

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

New fender mounted. 2nd trans cooler hooked up. New rack should be in Thursday night! Then all that is left is lower ball joints, drivers hub, dust shield and brakes. Hopefully she will be drivable by the end of the month then all that is left is installing the new t-case.

How bad is it to change out the rack? My steering got royally jacked a few weekends ago, pretty sure the rack is shot.

That's a pretty awesome set up you've got for that sub. How's it sounding?

The sub is in my wrx now, but when it was in the ex I loved it!

How bad is it to change out the rack? My steering got royally jacked a few weekends ago, pretty sure the rack is shot.

I have taken my time on it and only done a few things at a time but not too bad.
I did have to cut the inner tie rods off the old one to get it out. And going to be putting the new one in tomorrow.

Of course the best rain so far this year and its still stuck in the garage! Did take my moms through a few mud pits though!:D All that's left is swap t-cases, brakes, emissions, and registration!:exporange

Rack is in and done, only thing the front needs now is brakes.
Just pulled the T-case today, working on getting the new one in! I may actually be able to wheeling this year!

Since I havent gotten to play in the Explorer in the rain we got this week I took the WRX out.

004-Copy6.jpg

003-Copy5.jpg

002-Copy5.jpg

001-Copy5.jpg

Gotta start saving for the lift and tires for it so I can put in it winter mode!

Nice! Looks like the front lip took a digger in the mud.

I'm heading out tomorrow for a wheeling trip up near Red Cone. I don't know how much rain they got, but it should be fun. I don't like mud- but water holes are fun.

Back