• Register Today It's free!

Active noise reduction

david sherk

Reaction score
City, State
richland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer platium
Is this feature the same for all models?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this feature the same for all models?
Active Noise Cancellation only appears to be available on the Limited and Limited Hybrid according to the Order Guide.

Peter

That's messed up! Chevy has Active Noise Cancellation on all their traverse trims as standard.

I thought it was a feature on the Platinum....

Active Noise Cancellation only appears to be available on the Limited and Limited Hybrid according to the Order Guide.

Peter

As per this Order Guide, it is only available on the Limited 310A (which is the Hybrid model). So it seems to be connected with the Hybrid drivetrain.

Youngest took his mother for a ride in his new GT ...................
:rofl:

Never again he said ............... Wonder how he'll get the finger indents out of the dashboard.
:D

Engine noise is loud in the xlt. i Have the hood panel insulator in order, hoping that may help. Otherwise it would be neat if the active noise cancel could be added....

Not surprised. You'd be clattering too if you had to push your Explorer around all over the place. IMHO, FoMoCo should never have put that small an engine in the Explorer

Not surprised. You'd be clattering too if you had to push your Explorer around all over the place. IMHO, FoMoCo should never have put that small an engine in the Explorer

the Power and speed are fine, it honestly is only the noise. In the RS I loved it but this is the family cruiser and ford says they did all this extra noise reduction. Not hearing it, unless it isn’t on the xlt? My 15’ escape titanium was much much better fit and finish wise.

Again, the XLT is the bottom dweller in the Explorer lineup. To keep it at an entry level price, Ford had to cut corners somewhere. A 4 banger is going to work harder than a V6. Especially a TT V6 with more HP and TQ. 4 bangers are notoriously louder, to begin with. Simply the nature of the beast.

the Power and speed are fine, it honestly is only the noise. In the RS I loved it but this is the family cruiser and ford says they did all this extra noise reduction. Not hearing it, unless it isn’t on the xlt? My 15’ escape titanium was much much better fit and finish wise.
The engine noise upon initial acceleration of my Aviator is louder than that of my previous 2017 Platinum. In fact it was very irritating when I was on a road that had multiple stop signs within a short distance. I can actually notice the transmission shifts by the noise level of the engine. It's a bit like driving a standard shift.

Peter

Again, the XLT is the bottom dweller in the Explorer lineup. To keep it at an entry level price, Ford had to cut corners somewhere. A 4 banger is going to work harder than a V6. Especially a TT V6 with more HP and TQ. 4 bangers are notoriously louder, to begin with. Simply the nature of the beast.

sure, but I’ve never had a 4 banger this loud inside the cabin before. even my wrangler v6 didn’t have this much engine noise and that had zero sound deadening. It’s just surprising when ford says it did a handful of sound things.

The engine noise upon initial acceleration of my Aviator is louder than that of my previous 2017 Platinum. In fact it was very irritating when I was on a road that had multiple stop signs within a short distance. I can actually notice the transmission shifts by the noise level of the engine. It's a bit like driving a standard shift.

Peter

That is odd, you'd think the active noise cancel would be standard on the Lincoln's if it isn't. Someone mentioned a Chevy suv that came with it standard, and you know ford has the tech since they love piping in the engine noise to their performance cars..

Once up to speed, it is very quiet.

Once up to speed, it is very quiet.

I concur, even my xlt is pretty quiet once up to speed. Although I have some wind noise on the driver window @70-80mph, it isn't the whistle like people have on the passenger side.

ST is whisper quiet. I'm betting that the XLT doesn't have the degree of sound deadening that the ST has. Even driving on chip rock pavement I can hear the radio clearly.

Even driving on chip rock pavement I can hear the radio clearly.
All roads are asphalt here due to frost heaves in Winter. ;) I noticed that pavement when I was in California on a visit.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You visited CA ? You are a brave person. I will light a candle .............. :D
Twice actually. My sister and her family live in San Jose.

Back